How Annoying!!

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Doing good in oz, apart from the knackered ankle and the broadband issues. Hope all is well back home.

Just a quick one for all the wifi clued up folk. I can see a network almost at full strength on my laptop, 4 out of 5 bars. I still cant connect to the net though. When i look at the status it is connected, but although it has sent lots of bits, it only has received a few which isnt right. Any ideas people?

Thanks again.

Bodhi.

P.S. How can i post a photo on here? But more importantly, why is the broadband now working!!!! :)

Reaction score
you will only have received lot's of bits when you are sent lot's of bits ;)

is your default gateway set correctly?

Reaction score
Hey Techy, Im guessing i get sent lots of bits when im downloading my email or browsing etc. Dont know what you mean by my default gateway. Incase you didnt twig, this isnt my network. Its an unsecured wireless network which my laptop finds and connects to whenever i turn my computer on. Seems to be a business or something. Anyway, i just want to use it to check my email in the evenings etc. Why would it let me connect to it but not browse or use MSN? Its very confusing/annoying!! Is there anything i could do to change setting etc? Ive looked at everything i can think of but no joy.

Thanks mate.

Reaction score
Just because there is a network, dosent meen that there is the internet aswell. the people who own the network may just use i for file sharing or my use the internet connection through a computer

Reaction score
bodhi said:
Hey Techy, Im guessing i get sent lots of bits when im downloading my email or browsing etc. Dont know what you mean by my default gateway. Incase you didnt twig, this isnt my network. Its an unsecured wireless network which my laptop finds and connects to whenever i turn my computer on. Seems to be a business or something. Anyway, i just want to use it to check my email in the evenings etc. Why would it let me connect to it but not browse or use MSN? Its very confusing/annoying!! Is there anything i could do to change setting etc? Ive looked at everything i can think of but no joy.

Thanks mate.

alrite
rite

simple
like kgb said
it looks like they mite be using it for file sharing but ul have to confirm this!

but if u really wana be clever connect to the network
type in one9two.onesixeight.one.one
or
one9two.onesixeighet.0.1

obviously ALL in numbers
type this into your internet explorer

see if u can get into the router settings should there be one!
it will have a password on it
try looking this up

obviously u are going to use this to see if its connected to the net, nothing more or less!

good luck matey!

Reaction score
Obviously that would be hacking and illegal.

But, a default gateway alows you to get off the network, in this case onto the internet.

Default gateways are usualy 192.168.0.1, 192.168.1.1, 192.168.2.1 etc.

just keep trying til it works.

Ask a Question