Hotel in Central Cambridge

gabriella

Sunflower Queen
Reaction score
Hi

I need a good hotel in Central Cambridge - have to work there for a couple of days in November. Need Wireless internet whilst I am there. Hotel needs to be as close as possible to East Road, Cambridge.

Does anyone have any local knowledge??

Gabriella xx

Reaction score
LOL

Couldnt believe my eyes when i saw this.

Gabs - i LIVE on east road!

The closest hotel would be the University Arms (DeVere) - i have a couple mates just got jobs there the other day.

Its a 5 minute walk to east road - accross Parkers Piece (big field) its nice.

Other than that, theres a Holiday Inn Express thats really nice, and would be a 5 minute taxi journey from East Road...

gabriella

Sunflower Queen
Reaction score
Hi Chris

I have a Court hearing to attend - I did consider the Lensfield Hotel but I am told it's a 20 min walk from there to the Court building on East Road. I am planning to be there night of 26 November and possibly 27 November depending on how long I am needed for. Might be nice to catch up with a friendly face given that I will know not a soul there :(

Will keep you posted and thanks for the hotel advice :)

Love

Gabriella xx

Reaction score
Your nearest hotel then is the University Arms. Not sure on things like net access etc, though i imagine it will be pretty good.

The court is right by parkers piece and happens to be opposite the uni.

I might actually be home on that weekend... getting back on the monday before i start work at 6:30 but if i'm around it would be great to meet you.

gabriella

Sunflower Queen
Reaction score
Chris

What's parking like near the Court or would I be better off leaving the car at the De Vere and walking to the Court building?

Thanks for your help.

Gabriella xx

Reaction score
Parking in cambridge is a nightmare.

I think you would be better off leaving your car in the hotel car park, its really not far to walk.

gabriella

Sunflower Queen
Reaction score
Thanks Chris, You have really been a big help. It's always better when someone has good knowledge of a local area. It's the De Vere for me then :)

I have checked out their site and it looks nice.

Might catch you there.

Love

Gabriella xx

gabriella

Sunflower Queen
Reaction score
Dear Chris

If I am needed in Cambridge the work will be so horrid that I will need somewhere nice and peaceful to go :)

I might even need to buy a new handbag or something to cheer myself up :)

Will know by 14 November if I am needed but my hunch is I will be. If there's any decent shops in Cambridge and I have a few spare hours, that would be even better :) :)

Gabs xx

Reaction score
Haha - shopping is awesome here theres a fair amount of shops. You gots the Grafton Centre on east road, then the real high streets not too far just other side of the piece :)

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Just checked out the price for one night stay and full english breakfast...nearly fell through my recliner...OMG...:eek: .......£200 Quid a night, only way I would be checking into there is if someone else was footing the bill, like work or something..

Personally I think that is ridiculous for one nights stay.....But you pays your money and takes ya choice Gabs...

Reaction score
Suite Queen Bed
Max. occupancy 2 Rooms Price per stay
(1 night)

Bed & Full English Breakfast: £140.00

Where did you see £200?

You can get a standard single room for £90 a night -the suite is only £140 as above, with breakfast :)

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
On the hotels price list Chris......in black and white...£200pppn with full English Breakfast...

http://booking.deveregroup.co.uk/scripts/d_booking_2.cgi
Click book a hotel,select devere university arms, and there it is £200 for a single room with F.E.B....

But even if you can get a room for £140 the night, thats still ridiculous...How much is the Bacon £5 a rasher....

A good price for one nights stay in a decent quality Hotel should be no more than £60 for the night with a full english...Anymore than that and your being ripped off....
nod.gif

Last edited:

gabriella

Sunflower Queen
Reaction score
I checked the site and got the prices Chris quoted. I shall ring them later and check it out further. It's the location that's important as I have a great deal of stuff to take to my Court hearing but I shan't be paying silly money for one or two nights in a hotel. I will get back to people on this one. Thanks for the help :)

Gabs xx

Reaction score
I dont know where you are getting that from Crazylegs...

attachment.php

Attachments

• devere.JPG
    devere.JPG
    63.4 KB · Views: 221

Ask a Question