Windows XP homepage

Reaction score
:wave: I wonder if one of you guys can help please? when i start up my xp home page is on the screen for a long while any ideas how i can quicken it up ?

Reaction score
poundy said:
happywave.gif
I wonder if one of you guys can help please? when i start up my xp home page is on the screen for a long while any ideas how i can quicken it up ?

When you say your XP Home page are you refering to your XP Boot Screen..?
How long is it up for..? It should normally be up for around 20 to 40 seconds, also depndant on what you have running at start up..
Try disabling programs that aren't needed at start up.. Have you done any virus scans..??

Reaction score
All i have running at start up is AVG nothing else ,virus scans are going all the time , it is a good 40 seconds

Reaction score
poundy said:
All i have running at start up is AVG nothing else ,virus scans are going all the time , it is a good 40 seconds

Thats about a normal time, and honestly I wouldn't worry about it at all....Go make a cuppa tea while you wait...

Reaction score
The wait at boot is usually due to a data bottleneck.... people have dramatically sped up the boot time of XP, Vista etc by using a striped array. (I personally recommend RAID 5 as it safe guards your data aswell).

Ask a Question