Windows Hello devices

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I bought a Kensington fingerprint reader so that I can log in to my PC using Windows Hello, rather than typing a password each time. It worked great for a while, but I'm getting more misreads which can be a bit frustrating. I'll re-record my fingerprints and then try tech support, but I wondered if anyone else here uses Windows hello to log in and what device you use? I know that quite a few webcams now support Windows hello. How reliable have you found these?

Reaction score
I know it's slightly off topic. But i'm getting wound up that I cant even remove the option that makes me sign in..
Looked everywhere. I am unable to remove the feature that forces me to sign in via password

It's only me that uses the damn thing.

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
I bought a Kensington fingerprint reader so that I can log in to my PC using Windows Hello, rather than typing a password each time. It worked great for a while, but I'm getting more misreads which can be a bit frustrating. I'll re-record my fingerprints and then try tech support, but I wondered if anyone else here uses Windows hello to log in and what device you use? I know that quite a few webcams now support Windows hello. How reliable have you found these?
Your getting old. You will need to redo your fingerprint from time to time.

Me, just for reference, don't use ANY form of password at login to Widows. I never take my PC anywhere. :D

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
I know it's slightly off topic. But i'm getting wound up that I cant even remove the option that makes me sign in..
Looked everywhere. I am unable to remove the feature that forces me to sign in via password

It's only me that uses the damn thing.
On one of my devices, which is only used by me, I have the password set as simply a blank space. When prompted for the password I just hit Return which saves the hassle of typing.

Not quite removing the option to sign in but half way there. :D

Reaction score
Exactly. It wont allow me to disable password sign in..

I suppose this is a whole other thread :(

Reaction score
Yes, it is, :nod:

I also use Dashlane for automatic logins, which saves a lot of hassle. Hit the website and I'm in very quickly with no typing. :)
Niv I'm not talking about webpages. I'm talking about Windows desktop login

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
I can't remember how I did it, but I have three Windows 10 computers that I set up so that it just boots without a password.
You just press 'enter' when it askes you to enter a password. I've done that since 95. ;)

Reaction score
You just press 'enter' when it askes you to enter a password. I've done that since 95. ;)
To Late.

Problem now is since an update.
It makes you click "sign in"
Then "wait a moment"
Then "enter password"
The "wait a moment"

Then onto desktop. It is infuriating

I can't get shut

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
This any good?

Screen Shot 2021-12-31 at 12.56.18.jpg

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Me, just for reference, don't use ANY form of password at login to Widows. I never take my PC anywhere.

Heck we almost on the same page here, except,

Me, just for reference, don't use ANY form of password at login to Widows. I never use Windows :lol:

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
I do not use a password but instead a PIN which works fine on both my laptop and desktop. However, I mainly use Linux :)

Ask a Question