Home networking and password problems

G

I have a simple four machine network at home through a Linksys hub/router. Under WORKGROUP properties I have three protocols; Client for Microsoft Networks, File and Printer Sharing for Microsoft Networks, and Internet Protocol (TCP/IP). All of them are setup with recommended settings, I'm not using the Internet Connection Firewall
From one XP computer the local network connection works fine (shared folders and so on), but from the other XP computer, I can "see" it but when I double-click on it I get a dialog box that says "Connect to ", in the upper left corner, has a "set of keys on a ring" icon, and asks me my user name: (the box where I would put my name has a small human head profile), and below that asks for my Password

I've tried to find out why that computer has this hurdle before I can connect. By the way, no combination of user names and passwords will give me access

I've tried going to the "WORKGROUP properties" window and deleting all protocols and re-establishing them but no luck

Any ideas out there?

G

Make sure that the same user loging in to both machines is there with the same password and also try loging in with that same user in both pcs. Let me know.

Ask a Question