Holiday

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
Am looking at a week break in southwest england..end of June...what great family attractions are there and where are nice places to stay that have a nice lttle sandy beach for my 2 little kids..aged 4 and 2 . Any ideas greatly appreciated.:wave:

Reaction score
I stayed in Saint Austell, and found many really nice places to visit + Beaches, with a car it is brilliant!
But on the other hand I live on the Gower peninsular if you came to the Gower you would be very surprised it is wonderfull:nod: :thumb:

peahouse05

Dedicated Cruncher
Reaction score
Hi Rush,
I'm ex-Gower peninsular - it is wonderful but parking can be a nightmare - at least it was 35 years ago. I agree with Itsme - St Austell and surrounding area is great but there is nothing to beat where I live. It's Bude, Cornwall - just over the Devon border, so much nearer than St A. Two huge sandy beaches, enclosed seawater swimming pool, lovely small town.
Cheers,
peahouse05
happywave.gif

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
In Dorset there's Lyme Regis and Swanage. Both have nice sandy beaches with shallow water bays, great for the kids and as safe as you can get when it comes to sea bathing.

I had quite a few holidays with my kids at those places and they never got bored, although there's little in the way of theme parks or fairground rides.

Dunno about Devon and Cornwall as regards kids, but Watergate Bay in Cornwall must be one of the best Sandy beaches ever and it's great for surfing. It's near Newquay. I love Polperro as well, but no beach to speak of.

In Devon Dawlish and Dawlish Warren are quite good for kids as I remember, but I'm talking a long long time ago (when I was a kid) so can't remember too clearly.

gabriella

Sunflower Queen
Reaction score
Hi Rush

Like Flops I love Dorset and the places he mentions and Studland Bay are gorgeous.

In Cornwall and right on top of Wategate Bay is a family hotel called Sands Resort which has eveything and more you could want for your family - I guarantee your children will never want to leave. They have pools, children's clubs, loads of children's entertainment for all ages including a magician, fancy dress, disco, games, visit from some of the animals and keeper from Newquay Zoo etc... and children's teas. There's a golf course, a massive and absolutely gorgeous beauty salon, spa, tennis etc.... and the food is gorgeous. Babylistening etc... etc....you won't find a more child friendly place....ever!

There's a free wireless connection too :)

www.sandsresort.co.uk

I have been going there with my family for about 15 years (not every year mind you) and we come back time and time again. Check it out and see what you think :)

If you want anymore info about it - PM me. I will be there from 10 August onwards! Oh and I don't have any business interest in the hotel - it's just one of the best we have ever found for us and the children in the UK :)

Love

Gabriella xx

Last edited:
Reaction score
Somerset?

Have you thought of the great coastal areas around Minehead, Porlock, Lynmouth, Lynton, Combe Martin or Ilfracombe at all. All very nice and all within the Exmoor National Park?

Minehead has a long beach & the West Somerset Railway line with real steam trains? Porlock & Lynmouth nice little bay's.

Reaction score
Exmoor

Well i would suggest the lovely unspoilt Exmoor area, but then i live here!:D

Reaction score
with all the wonderful replies:thumb: I would travel around the coast> a day at each location, then next year you would be able to choose the one you really liked:wave: or do the same thing again ;)

peahouse05

Dedicated Cruncher
Reaction score
Hoiday

Hi Folks,
Must admit the Bude area is a bit short on theme parks, rides, etc.
Cheers,
peahouse05:)

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
Thanks

Some wonderful ideas there . Thanks a lot peeps . Itsme i quite like your idea of travelling around them all and hey i might even meet up with a few people :wave:

Ask a Question