Hisense TVs any good?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Ian you got ya telly yet?

'fraid not - I'm putting it off for a few months, as there's a lot of change going on atm, so trying to delay spending until sorted. Hopefully I'll know before the black Friday sales!

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Good stuff
Let us know nearer the time and we'll knuckle down to find you a deal if we can!

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
TV arrived this morning and I'm really happy with it - it's certainly not a high-end TV, but the picture quality is so much better than the one I used to have. For this price, I can't complain at all :).

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Can you tell I'm finally catching up on things this morning?? Been so busy of late.

Nice one Ian, Glad you're happy with it. :)

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Thanks guys! I've used it a little more this week and so pleased with it at this price - it's definitely not perfect, but for a 2nd TV it's great value.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
In the end I went for the 55" Samsung MU7000, got it for about £750 (still a lot, but a good deal) in John Lewis. Originally I was going for the MU6400 but JL had them side by side and it extra ~£100 was worth it IMO.

The OLED's are in another league though, both in picture and price! I had just had a baby, no way was I spending £1000+ on a TV!

That said, I must confess, I'm not blown away by any HDR content. I find if we're watching a film with the lights off and it goes from dark to super retina burning bright white its actually pretty uncomfortable! 4K is well worth it though, more so than HDR in my opinion.

Find one in your budget with the connections you need first and foremost. That's what I did.
Might as well expand on this now.

TV developed some lines running down the screen last week. John Lewis arranged for a collection and a (horrible!) loaner TV. Got a call today, can't fix it. Offered me this...

Or £579 towards something else.

Thinking I'll go for something else. I'm in a better position now, better job etc, so something OLED might be on the cards, but the burn in worries me as our TV spends a lot of time on channels that have logo's, like pretty much every one of Sky's channels. :rolleyes:

Or maybe one of the new Samsung QLEDS.....

Reaction score
My Samsung has just developed thin black lines starting at the right of the screen and going a quarter of the way along. Most noticeable on green background so it spoils football,it’s a fair few years old now so I think it’s time to look for a new one.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Might as well expand on this now.

TV developed some lines running down the screen last week. John Lewis arranged for a collection and a (horrible!) loaner TV. Got a call today, can't fix it. Offered me this...

Or £579 towards something else.

Thinking I'll go for something else. I'm in a better position now, better job etc, so something OLED might be on the cards, but the burn in worries me as our TV spends a lot of time on channels that have logo's, like pretty much every one of Sky's channels. :rolleyes:

Or maybe one of the new Samsung QLEDS.....

Shame that it's a goner after just a couple of years, but good service from JL at least! OLED does look very very pretty, but think you'd really have to push it to get burn in on it (unless you leave it on a menu or something static for a while), at least from my (limited) understanding of it in the past couple of years - it used to be really bad, especially on cheaper screens.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
55" LG CX OLED is top of my list at the moment. Can't find anything else that comes close. Going to pop in with some of my own media on a stick and have a play, get a feel for it.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Ah, thanks to crazylegs liking the above post reminded me to update.

So went to JL the last weekend and had a look about.

I ordered the LG CX in a 55" flavour. Delivery on Friday. :thumb:

Nothing came close to it picture wise and I've now got my eye on a new soundbar.... Ssssh don't tell her that though. :lol:

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
John Lewis delivered the CX at 07.30 this morning, I quickly fitted the stand and set it up, will play properly later but yeah, definitely the right choice... :D

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Funnily enough, just bought another Hisense TV last night: HISENSE 50E76GQTUK

It's another budget model, but ideal for a kids TV (especially with Alexa built in).

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Funnily enough, just bought another Hisense TV last night: HISENSE 50E76GQTUK

It's another budget model, but ideal for a kids TV (especially with Alexa built in).
Dunno about a kids TV Ian, but I'd take it and stick it on my wall as my main set :D

Ask a Question