Argos

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
It's crap innit? :D

I have managed to accumulate 19000 points on my Nectar card,

This equates to £95.00 I can either trade for goods online at the Nectar site or spend at Sainsburys; Argos; Blockbuster or, ahem, Gala Bingo :eek:

I have just spent a good 90 minutes browsing Argos thinking I'd treat myself to something. If I had to pay a balance for, say, something costing £200.00, then that was ok.

I couldn't find a single thing to spend my Nectar points on.

Only thing that vaguely tempted me was a pressure cooker but I thought - nah, I'll only use it once a fortnight at most,

I noted that Argos only stock goods a typical pleb might buy for the most part, very few quality goods, the most expensive printer they stocked is only £80.00 and that can be had for £60.00 elsewhere online.

And that was the other thing that struck me - they are so overpriced on many many items.

A Panasonic camera selling for £268.00 at Argos could be had for £168.00 from an online supplier listed by Steve's Digicams website. I mean, come on, that's outrageous.

Their digital TV's can be had for much less at Play.com, Amazon and Richer Sounds.

I looked at many more items, in fact nearly all categories - X-Box, Mattresses, Computer Peripherals, Dishwashers - everything. And in most instances could find the goods cheaper elsewhere.

I came to the conclusion that Argos sell overpriced crap to dimwits.

This has been a public service announcement :D

As for me £95.00 - how many cans of Guinness can I get for that in Sainsburys? ;)

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Hey flopp's 98% of the population are dimwits...But then we knew that didn't we...:nod:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I only use Argos if I really have to, as you say it's all so expensive there. The only thing I've bought from there in years has been a set of cordless phones (was something daft like 75% off so was a bargain) and a blowup mattress. Things like memory cards from there are sooooo expensive :eek:

Reaction score
I would have thought most people realised that for most techie good argos are expensive.
But for some goods they are cheaper.
Car charger for my Nokia was £19.99 in CPW & £5.99 in Argos!:D

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
feckit said:
I would have thought most people realised that for most techie good argos are expensive.

Well I didn't obviously.

Things that are 'obvious' to some people are not obvious to others. That's obvious :D

About the only thing I can say in favour of Argos is it's kitchen range, although it's on a par with Comet which means I could probably get a better price elsewhere. A good range of products though, unlike it's range of IT stuff.

Reaction score
I use Nectar and spend the ££££s in Sainsbury for my Xmas shopping

Argos Umm...... nothing worth having with them.. Gala "HOUSE":wall:

Things that are 'obvious' to some people are not obvious to others. That's obvious :D
:lol:

Ask a Question