Have you seen the Quick Cup?

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
If anyone is looking for a way of saving a few pounds on their electricity bills, or maybe is looking for a prezzie for someone, then you might want to cast an eye over the "Tefal Quick Cup" which takes just three seconds to boil only the exact quantity of water needed for your preferred cuppa.

The water tank will hold about 1.5 L, similar to an ordinary kettle, but unlike a kettle, the water which remains in the tank, is still cold, which has an added safety benefit. It is simplicity to use, so ideal for all ages, providing they are able to press a button.

When you press the button, water is pumped up through a heating-spiral-thingy (sorry to sound so technical:p) which makes a brrrrrr brrrrrrr brrrrrrrr sound, so it is not silent in use, but that only lasts whilst you are filling your cup, tea/coffee pot.

It is just a penny short of £60, which is a bit pricey, but the makers claim that it uses one-third of the energy of an ordinary kettle, which for some, could mean a big save.

It comes with a water filter, but will work without it, in case anyone wondered.

We have had our's for three days - having discovered an accumulation of "Nectar" points from Sainsbury's which I usually just leave to mount up, we decided to treat ourselves, so in a way, it was a bit like having a freebie - at least, that is how we chose to regard it :lol: But so far, we are very pleased with it, which is why I thought I'd "share" because it just seems to be so practical. The demo can be viewed here.
:D

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I've seen the advert for that and it looks really clever - although I suspect I'd use more energy as I'd drink loads more tea :lol:

Reaction score
Yeah I have one of them, parents hate it due to it not being hot enough to burn the inside of their mouths.

I think the water produced from it is suitable for a nice cup of coffee without having to wait for it to cool down a little.

Ask a Question