Highpoint 370/372 RAid Winxp driver on a abit KG7-RAID Mobo

G

I am having problems getting WindowsXP to accept the Highpoint 370/372 Raid driver for my highpoint raid chipset on my Abit KG7-RAID mobo. Windows runs fine and everything else runs fine as far as hardware, but windows will not accept the proper highpoint driver. I Have tried going into Mycomp/device manager and doing it manually and automatically, but it will not take it. I have updated the raid bios and am using the newest drivers. I have updated windowsXP......but still nothing. Please help. I am going crazy. Thanks.

G

Hi

Save the raid drivers to a floppy disk if it is stored on an CD

Boot from the XP CD and perform a repair install of XP
During the installation, when prompted to press F6 key to install any 3rd party or raid drivers, press the F6 key and insert the floppy to the floppy drive

You need to update all windows patches and re-activate windows after the repair installation of XP

Pete

----- Mike W wrote: ----

I am having problems getting WindowsXP to accept the Highpoint 370/372 Raid driver for my highpoint raid chipset on my Abit KG7-RAID mobo. Windows runs fine and everything else runs fine as far as hardware, but windows will not accept the proper highpoint driver. I Have tried going into Mycomp/device manager and doing it manually and automatically, but it will not take it. I have updated the raid bios and am using the newest drivers. I have updated windowsXP......but still nothing. Please help. I am going crazy. Thanks.

Ask a Question