Hi from Newcastle

T

tynesider

Hi, I went for the Tagan 480W, Got the Athlon 5200 instead of the 6000 because I spent more than I had wanted to. Hopefully I can sell my old crappy PC and get enough to buy a good video card.

Cheers everyone who has helped me, no doubt I will be asking for help when it all comes and I have to assemble it all.

Tymesider

T

tynesider

V_R said:
The best air cooler has to be the Tuniq Tower 120 (I nearly got one of these for my new rig, and may still do later.) but it is a big bast*rd The Scythe ninja is a close second performance wise, also a beast. The ones PG mentioned are close on their heels thouugh, and not massive buggers. :)
I usually look to magazines for reviews and the best stuff to buy,I bought the Custom PC mag and it suggests The Scythe Infinity as the best fan for an AM2 soccet and that it was also easy to fit, the Zalman CNPS9700LED came 2nd. I am working on a budget here I don't need the very best but also dont want anything poor either. I think the Scythe Infinity seems ok as far as price goes £28.19 the Za,man is £44.98, of course I will look around further to see if I can get it cheaper. What do you think of the Scythe Infinity is it a good choice?

Tynesider

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I have no idea about the Scythe Infinity, sorry.

I'm using a Zalman CNPS8000 on my AM2 CPU:

8000.jpg

It's very quiet, costs thirty quid and here's my temps with CPU maxed out crunching:

probe001.jpg

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
V_R said:
Dont apologise mate, your comment is precisely the reason why i didn't get it in the end. Thats imo for serious ocers or quad cores.

Just remembered Adys got one on his QX67 aint he look...

EDIT, aint the black top cover on the wrong way round? (Not that it matters.)

QuadRig003.jpg
The top plate holds the fan, so depending on which way you want to exhaust, depends on which way you place it :thumb:

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
tynesider said:
I usually look to magazines for reviews and the best stuff to buy,I bought the Custom PC mag and it suggests The Scythe Infinity as the best fan for an AM2 soccet and that it was also easy to fit, the Zalman CNPS9700LED came 2nd. I am working on a budget here I don't need the very best but also dont want anything poor either. I think the Scythe Infinity seems ok as far as price goes £28.19 the Za,man is £44.98, of course I will look around further to see if I can get it cheaper. What do you think of the Scythe Infinity is it a good choice?

Tynesider
I use that Zalman on my other OC'd QX6700, and they throw out alot of heat - its not quite as good as the Tuniq Tower, but its not far off and is easier to fit - that Scythe is also good :thumb:

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
floppybootstomp said:
I have no idea about the Scythe Infinity, sorry.

I'm using a Zalman CNPS8000 on my AM2 CPU:

8000.jpg

It's very quiet, costs thirty quid and here's my temps with CPU maxed out crunching:

probe001.jpg
Looks a nice cooler Flops - I'm getting 41C on one of my OC'd QX6700's at full load, which puts out alot more heat than the AM2, using a Zalman CNPS9700 :thumb:

T

tynesider

floppybootstomp said:
Tynesider:

Ok, I'll get into serious mode.

We'd all of us here be really pleased if you bought some good stuff.

You'll find that most of us will give impartial advice on knowledge gleaned and experience learnt.

So ask away, we'll do our best.

And I'm from Greenwich, SE London.

I do like Newcastle though.

Whenever I've stayed at the Station Hotel in central Newcastle, the ladies have always been most accomodating.

Superb.

Excellent memories.

And then there's been the Geordies I've worked with pipelining.

Landrover and acres of wet mud.

Geordies and me and lots more like me.

All English.

Priceless memories.

oops, wandered off a bit there.

Now WTF were you asking about again? :D
[font=&quot]I [/font]Thought you would be a cockney somehow! must have been that good sense of humour and introversion....Naaaa coulnd have been that Lol

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Adywebb said:
The top plate holds the fan, so depending on which way you want to exhaust, depends on which way you place it :thumb:
Ah ,crystal, didnt't know that, just though the fan was held in place by the top panel. :)

Ask a Question