Hello everyone

Reaction score
Hi,
Just like to say hi to everyone, it seems like a really good place to come to.
I have loads of computer problems so I hope I don't bore you all.

Cheers
Tyneside

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Hello ...

We don't get bored ... too many questions to answer. ;)

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
Welcome aboard!! Folks like you create interest in the forum, not bore us :D

Reaction score
Hi, Thanks for the greetings.
Ok my first question is that even though I've made ten postings I still can't send a private message, has anyone else had this problem?

Cheers

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Tyneside said:
Hi, Thanks for the greetings.
Ok my first question is that even though I've made ten postings I still can't send a private message, has anyone else had this problem?

Cheers
Hmmm, the figures show you've only made 7 posts. Some areas of the forum will not count towards your final tally.

Note to Ian, is there a limit untill one can use PM?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Welcome Tyneside :D

There is a limit of 10 posts before you can send a PM, as we had a few people with no posts sending lots of PMs :) A few more and you will be able to send them :D

Reaction score
Welcome my old mucker!

I see that you are a Geordie too, so are my neighbours!!
they r so hard to understand, she always calls me 'pet' and i always think to myself im not an animal I AM HUMAN!!!:)

well hope you enjoy your stay this place is the bees knees! :p

Reaction score
Hi

Thought I would become a little more computer literate and log on to the forum. Very impressed with the site and all the articles. Ian and his co-writers have certainly a wealth of knowledge that I hope I can tap in to.

I am trying to develop some hobbies and have thought about digital photography for example. I use the same camera as Ian (fuji A303) and am wondering what digital editing software I could get. Any recommendations are welcome.

Any other hobby recommendations welcome!!!!!

cheers

Paddy

Reaction score
You can try Stamp collecting for a hobby!

Welcome, glad to see you have read a lot of the posts here

What kind of things are you looking at doing with the software?

KGB

Reaction score
Thanks for the idea of stamp collecting, but !!!!!!!!!!!!

As for the digital camera, I would like to be able to edit the photos. At the minute I just take shots and file any decent photographs, but I would really like to improve my skills and edit. I know microsoft photoshop is perhaps the best software, but was keen to see if there was an alternative.

cheers

Paddy

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
Hello There Pat! Welcome!!
how about video games? thats always a good hobbie

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
Patrick,

Welcome aboard!

As for hobbies it really depends on what YOU like. You have mentioned two things already, photography and computer, as I read between the lines. I am also into both as well as an audiophile, the three hobbies keep me busy all the time. Not to mention I also like to share my experience by way of writing on all three subjects, basically ramblings on what I have experienced in the last few decades that I have been involved in them.

If you take up any of the three as your hobby too I will be glad to assit you on the forum. There are others here who also have great amount of knowledge on these subjects and you will come across them from time to time sharing what they know.

Hope you enjoy interacting with all here.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Patrick said:
Thought I would become a little more computer literate and log on to the forum. Very impressed with the site and all the articles. Ian and his co-writers have certainly a wealth of knowledge that I hope I can tap in to.
Well hello there Dad!! I didn't see this post until now :)

Glad to see you onboard!

Reaction score
Ian

thought I might put some photos on your site when we were down beside the light house. You will have to explain how I do this. Thanks to all the replies on hobbies, I will contribute to the site as its great fun and useful information.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Patrick said:
Ian

thought I might put some photos on your site when we were down beside the light house. You will have to explain how I do this. Thanks to all the replies on hobbies, I will contribute to the site as its great fun and useful information.
Becky has posted some pictures under the Gallery (go to features at the top and then click gallery). If you can transfer them to the PC and then you should be able to upload them there and get some comments on them :)

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Wotcha Ian's Dad patrick :D

That'll be Adobe Photoshop you're talking about there. Probably the best there is, but expensive. Almost 6 hundred quid.

Paint Shop Pro is a good alternative, full price about £70.00, but if you look around, an older version is cheaper.

In fact, now and again they'll often give away an older version of that program with a drum of CD's in PC World and the like.

That's how I got V7.0 of Paint Shop Pro, just a case of looking for it, really.

Reaction score
Re: photos

OK will have a go!!

Thanks floppy......... for the advice. Its a long name so appologies for the shortened version. Yes I will look at PC world and see what they have. Still trying to takr that perfect picture!

Ask a Question