Help!!!!!!!

Reaction score
Hi all, I'm new to the forum so please be gentle.

I am attempting to build my very own super computer, I had thought of buying an INTEL D850EMV2 Motherboard which uses RDRAM RIMM memory. With the announcement that Rambus and Intel are parting does this mean that there will be no support for that type of memory? Does this mean the price of it will drop or increase. Also is this the right kind of board for me, I am looking for a board which will take a Pentium 4 2.4GHz or faster, with a FSB of 400/533MHz and ATA 100 or 133 compatible. I was all set to buy this board but the place I had in mind sold out and since I have read less than favourable reviews about it, please can anyone suggest a decent board?

wildone

King of Modding
Reaction score
I can't really recommend a board out of experience with an intel board , but I can say go with DDR memory , basically the same performance and intel's new chipset is suppose to use 2 sticks just like it did with Rambus . I dunno how good the performance is gonna be yet , but just guessing a 64 bit memory path should do really well .

wildone

Ask a Question