Help with a problem which has not yet occurred

P D Sterling

I changed my browser to be Firefox, and am contemplating changing my mail
client to Thunderbird. Will I have difficulty finding you gentle people in
future? I have lots more questions I would like to ask, just have been too
busy to sit down and think 'em up.

Many thanks to all the folks who patiently answer the same questions over
and over; I have read in the vicinty of 2000 posts prior to posting, and try
to cover the board every day.

P D Sterling
www.pdsterling.com
214/520-6655 voice
214/550-2618 FAX

David Candy

Why would you ask here about non MS products. Ask at crapfox. They have groups just like this.

Sharon F

I changed my browser to be Firefox, and am contemplating changing my mail
client to Thunderbird. Will I have difficulty finding you gentle people in
future? I have lots more questions I would like to ask, just have been too
busy to sit down and think 'em up.

Many thanks to all the folks who patiently answer the same questions over
and over; I have read in the vicinty of 2000 posts prior to posting, and try
to cover the board every day.

I've never tried Firefox with the web interface for the newsgroups so can't
comment on that. You could setup their newsreader to subscribe to these
newsgroups. Check the help file for directions on adding a "news account."
Needed info to complete those steps is:
Server name: msnews.microsoft.com
No password required, default port 119

P D Sterling

I will still have Windows XP, and want to know if there is any conflict with
non-MS programs.

P D Sterling
www.pdsterling.com
214/520-6655 voice
214/550-2618 FAX
"David Candy" <.> wrote in message
Why would you ask here about non MS products. Ask at crapfox. They have
groups just like this.

Bruce Chambers

P said:
I changed my browser to be Firefox, and am contemplating changing my mail
client to Thunderbird. Will I have difficulty finding you gentle people in
future?

You certainly shouldn't. I've been using Thunderbird as my email
client and newsreader for well over a year, without any problems.

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:

Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of
chains and slavery? .... I know not what course others may take, but as
for me, give me liberty, or give me death! -Patrick Henry

David Candy

Thius is XP fool. By Microsoft. Go ask Netscape about their products. It is nothing to do with here. Fool XP has Internet Explorer and Outlook Express.

DanS

David Candy said:
Thius is XP fool. By Microsoft. Go ask Netscape about their products.
It is nothing to do with here. Fool XP has Internet Explorer and
Outlook Express.

So I guess your the group idiot here.

Thunderbird is not a Netscape product........fool.

David Candy

So IE questions should be asked at netscape. MS Word questions at WordPerfect. I don't follow a vandal like yours logic.

There should be ONE hardware standard and ONE software standard. Thieves like Netscape have damaged Microsoft products. Their divisions do NOT talk to each other. This means Windows becomes less and less designed every day. Criminals like you conspire in this process of destroying computing.

Image if the IPod Mini had different applications for each menu item,. What a mess and noone would buy it.

All I ask is that Microsoft Haters go elsewhere and stop attacking these groups.

You know I have never seen firefox, EVER. Never even seen a screenshot. It is a criminal product. I don't support criminality.

David Candy

I understand newcomers like you don't understand the past. But you are destroying hard won gains. Imagine having to check the brand of computer before you buy a program. That was how it used to be.

Stan Brown

Wed, 01 Feb 2006 21:19:44 GMT from P D Sterling
I changed my browser to be Firefox, and am contemplating changing my mail
client to Thunderbird. Will I have difficulty finding you gentle people in
future?

I suppose you mean "news client", since this is a newsgroup and not
e-mail.

Many people use Thunderbird quite successfully to access newsgroups.
You may get some hostility in this particular roup if you post about
non-Microsoft products, but simply using a non-Microsoft client to
post about XP should not be an issue.

Gordon

P said:
I changed my browser to be Firefox, and am contemplating changing my
mail client to Thunderbird.

In that case, do you still need windows AT ALL? (Especially if you get Open
Office.....)

P D Sterling said:
I changed my browser to be Firefox, and am contemplating changing my mail
client to Thunderbird. Will I have difficulty finding you gentle people in
future? I have lots more questions I would like to ask, just have been too
busy to sit down and think 'em up.

Many thanks to all the folks who patiently answer the same questions over
and over; I have read in the vicinty of 2000 posts prior to posting, and try
to cover the board every day.

P D Sterling
www.pdsterling.com
214/520-6655 voice
214/550-2618 FAX
Hello, Many different browsers and e-mail clients work well with Windows XP,
including the items you mentioned. You can set them up as default or keep IE
and OE as default and simply use the others whenever you want a change or
have a problem with IE and OE.
The web based newsgroups can be set up in Firefox, no problems reading and
posting.

take care
beamish

DanS

David Candy said:
Who cares. It's nothing to do with XP.,

I just thought if your going be a snotty, know it all pinhead and try to
moderate this group, you should probably know what you are talking about.

I don't even know why you waste your time here.

P D Sterling

I'm really amused at the whirlwind of controversy I seem to have fomented.
It really was an innocent question from a computer novice. I'm an
accountant, not a techie, and would be perfectly happy if I never had to
have to learn anything else to simply get my work done. Many thanks to the
KIND comments from the NICE people here, and as for the rest of you, I
wouldn't recommend having words with me, as I most likely know more words
than you do.

P D Sterling
www.pdsterling.com
214/520-6655 voice
214/550-2618 FAX

Tiffany S.

David Candy stated:
"There should be ONE hardware standard and
ONE software standard. Thieves like Netscape
have damaged Microsoft products."

You have it backwards. Netscape browsers were around BEFORE Microsoft
browsers. It is MSIE that has been ignoring the rules of the W3C (World
Wide Web Consortium -- ever hear of them?) and introducing new features
incompatible with already-existing browsers.

E-mail's long-established sending protocol is SMTP and its receiving
protocols are pop3 and imap. So what does Microsoft do? It utilizes
http for their MSNIA mail service. People with MSNIA are not able to
use their assigned e-mail accounts with W3C-compatible mail clients.
"I understand newcomers like you don't understand
the past. But you are destroying hard won gains."

Microsoft's "hard-won gains" came about from their having destroyed the
past. Out of curiosity, David, are you in high school? You have the
attitude of a 12-year-old.

Gordon

Tiffany said:
David Candy stated:

You have it backwards. Netscape browsers were around BEFORE Microsoft
browsers. It is MSIE that has been ignoring the rules of the W3C
(World Wide Web Consortium -- ever hear of them?) and introducing new
features incompatible with already-existing browsers.

E-mail's long-established sending protocol is SMTP and its receiving
protocols are pop3 and imap. So what does Microsoft do? It utilizes
http for their MSNIA mail service. People with MSNIA are not able to
use their assigned e-mail accounts with W3C-compatible mail clients.

Microsoft's "hard-won gains" came about from their having destroyed
the past. Out of curiosity, David, are you in high school? You have
the attitude of a 12-year-old.

Just plonk him. He's an obnoxious tw*t who doesn't let the truth get in the
way of a good flame.