Help wit unisntallShield removal

Reaction score
Hi, my first post on this forum. I have a JVC DV - GR4000 camcorder that has worked perfectly on Pinnacle Studio 11. After downloading upgrade to Studio 14 Ultimate, cannot get either the PC or the programme to load my videos. I bought another installation disc from JVC and that loads image mixer, but when I come to load the driver code GR something, I get Error 342, unistallShield is active please remove. But I don't know how to? Anyone help please?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hi davrostrooper, welcome to the forums :)

Going back a step, what happens when you try to run Pinnacle Studio 14 Ultimate, do you get an error about your camera not being detected or something similar?

Also, the new installation disc that you've got - are you jus trying to install the driver for the camera? Which OS do you have? (XP, Vista, Windows 7?).

Reaction score
Hi Ian, thanks for the quick reply. Strange thing, when I activate the import, the screen takes a while to load, sometimes it does highlight the DV icon, and after a while does start the capture, but iut is not every time, and certainly is very sluggish in operating. I left the capture operation going last night and it froze several times, but has actaully downloaded my first 1 hour tape. When I play it back in edit, there are brief flashes of broken picture but it has actually captured the tape. It is not a smooth operation, but when it first loads then the edit suite gets in fairly smartly and loads in full. It plays back the demo video and the transition work. The problem is that my Pc does not recognise the DV camera, even when I use the JVC installation disc, it says it is not the correct one. JVC insist this is the installation disc. When the instructions appear on installing the image mixer, there is a code to intall g 5.6 or similar and when I first tried I got error 432 uninstallShield active close it. This has been a vrey frustrating time, never had this before. Thanks for any light you can shed. I have just assumed the driver must be missing.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Ian, just another point, I did download a driver detection software and it highlighted the JVC camera as having no driver.

Ask a Question