Help Upgrading 98SE to XP

K

Keith Howie

I am trying to upgrade a 98SE machine to XP. I need to gather the info about my hardware compatibility but when the install is analyzing my system the install crashes with the following error:

"Migisol caused an invalid page fault in module Kernel32.dll"

When you try to cancel the error box, it reappears. The only way to get rid of it is to reboot.

If I try a clean XP install, will I loose the ability to migrate all my existing settings and data files?

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance
Keith

R

Rich Barry

Keith, in order to do a clean install of XP you will need the Win98SE CD to verify a previous MS OS. Check here for good info
http://www.pcstats.com/articleview.cfm?articleid=1659&page=1

I am trying to upgrade a 98SE machine to XP. I need to gather the info about my hardware compatibility but when the install is analyzing my system the install crashes with the following error:

"Migisol caused an invalid page fault in module Kernel32.dll"

When you try to cancel the error box, it reappears. The only way to get rid of it is to reboot.

If I try a clean XP install, will I loose the ability to migrate all my existing settings and data files?

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance
Keith

Ask a Question