Help - Selling a Motorbike

Reaction score
Hello am selling a motorbike on the net.

But the guy only does western union outside the uk.

But he will not meet me face to face for more information about the bike.

I am living in the uk aswell.

But not once has he rang me up about more information.

He does go on alot where to send the cheque to. But the person will not meet me.

Don,t worry i still have my motorbike.

Anyone know a good site where to sell it?

I put my bike up for sale on the loot.com

Last edited:

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Whatever you do Michael do not do any western union deals...If the guy can't meet you face to face then the deals all wrong...

Go by your gut instinct......my instinct tells me don't even go there...;)

Good place to sell your Bike is Motorcycle News and Bike Trader magazine..Try them and never give your keys to a prospective buyer for a test drive as many a bike has gone missing that way....

Ask to hold the cash if the guys serious about test riding if he's genuine he will agree to this and always ask for I.D....

Last edited:

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
NEVER deal with anyone that wants to pay via Western Union or won't meet face to face - who buys a Motorcycle or Car without seeing it?

I have bought and sold bikes before via Motorcycle News (MCN) - http://www.motorcyclenews.com/

Reaction score
Adywebb said:
NEVER deal with anyone that wants to pay via Western Union or won't meet face to face - who buys a Motorcycle or Car without seeing it?

I have bought and sold bikes before via Motorcycle News (MCN) - http://www.motorcyclenews.com/

thanks for the help.

Just seen funny the guy wanted to pay me thought western union.

But he will not ring or me.

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
Western Union is often used for scams - particularly by our Nigerian friends ;)

Reaction score
Adywebb said:
Western Union is often used for scams - particularly by our Nigerian friends ;)

Am going to try someone local to sell it to.

Cash only would be better and seeing the person face to face.

chelseafc2005

Crunchtastic
Reaction score
I recently sold a car on ebay:thumb: it did well got the money that i wanted for it, i put a reserve on it so i got what i was asking for. ebay dont take that big a cut on the item they took 30 quid for the car which sold for over 5 and a half grand which i didnt think was too bad and the buyer came and collected the car. So maybe you should check out ebay

Reaction score
eBay is a very good place to sell cars. They often go for much more than they are worth!

do NOT keep in contact with this WU guy. It *IS* a scam OK.

Reaction score
Anyone not wanting to see the goods before buying has to be someone you do not do business with. Sounds as others have said all a bit dodgy.

Tell the buyer the deals off and then use AutoTrader or a Bike mag that way you should get a real bike fan wanting it!

Reaction score
arbour said:
Anyone not wanting to see the goods before buying has to be someone you do not do business with. Sounds as others have said all a bit dodgy.

Tell the buyer the deals off and then use AutoTrader or a Bike mag that way you should get a real bike fan wanting it!

Done that.

told him am not doing that way.

This what made it funny.

The guy wanted me to cash a cheque for 2,900.But i was selling the bike for 500.

He wanted me to take my share out and send the rest of the money back to is company,is company is outside the uk

Anyone know of this scam.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
michael555 said:
Anyone know of this scam.

Yes, this is a very common scam! Don't do it at all :eek:

Just avoid this dodgy seller completely :nod:

Ask a Question