Windows XP help! problem with umax astraslim scanner

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I am new to this forum and would like some help or advice please?
I purchased an Astraslim UMAX Scanner last September. As soon as I install it and tart to scan my first image, my p.c freezes. If I unplug the scanner, my p.c. works ok for a while but will still freeze. I have to unistall to programme to get my p.c back to normal again. I have contacted UMAX on many occasions for help but they are useless as far as support goes. Can anyone please help or advise me as what to do?
I have even sent for a 2nd disk, but that did the same too,

Kind Regards

Stace
:angry:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Good idea Mucks... wouldn't have thought of that one! :D

If that fails, try using the updated drivers on the web. 8)

Reaction score
Astraslim Scanner

Hi guys, thanks for you tips. The scanner is totally USB powered and this it's only connection. I have installed and uninstalled the program several times and windows now doesn't recognise the scanner. Have you any other ideas. I removed the USB root hubs from the device manager and it worked for a while then it froze again!!!! :confused: There are no driver updates for the scanner on the UMAX site as the disk I have is the most up to date program. HELP!!!!!!!:(

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Go and get a USB powered hub

A USB powered hub has its OWN power and only cost around £15 :roll:

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm a little confused here....if Windows fails to recognise the scanner, why would a seperately powered USB hub help? Normally, if a USB device needs more power then a pop-up tells you so. If it fails to recognise it, couldn't it be a driver problem?

What OS have you got stace? Is it up to date with service packs, new drivers etc? If so, does windows load its own drivers for the scanner (i.e. don't install the scanners drivers before plugging it in)??

Reaction score
Scanner

Thanks to all you great people who offered me solutions for my scanner problem. I have now got the scanner that came originally with my P.C that I bought off my so called friend and he now has the astraslim and everything works fine.

Thanks Again for your suggestions.:spin: :D

Ask a Question