Help please! Japanese keyboard

G

i have a windows xp operating system and ms office 2003. i'm trying to download the keyboard font for japanese but it "won't run on my version of windows". I initially tried the download version for xp - not realising that this referred to the Office version NOT the operating system. so i then tried the version for "non xp computers" and i received the same error message

any suggestions? would be much appreciated

R

roger

Hi Karenc,

i have a windows xp operating system and ms office 2003. i'm trying to download the keyboard font for japanese but it "won't run on my version of windows". I initially tried the download version for xp - not realising that this referred to the Office version NOT the operating system. so i then tried the version for "non xp computers" and i received the same error message.

any suggestions? would be much appreciated

For installing japanese and oriental languages
1) Start > Control Panel > Regional and Language Options > Languages,
Supplemental Language Support > Install files for East Asian
Languages.

2) Start > Control Panel > Regional and Language Options > Languages >
Details >
Default Input Language.

You'd better create a Restore point to come back to in case something
goes wrong.

Good luck

G

thanks Roge

sorry, i was away for a few days so didn't get to try this. i did as you suggested, but when i tried to set my default input language it didn't offer "japanese keyboard" as an option (in the list of asian languages presented). if you have any further suggestions it would be really appreciated

R

roger

Hi Karen,

thanks Roger

sorry, i was away for a few days so didn't get to try this. i did as you suggested, but when i tried to set my default input language it didn't offer "japanese keyboard" as an option (in the list of asian languages presented). if you have any further suggestions it would be really appreciated

Check this site:

Install East Asian language files on your computer
To install East Asian language files on your computer You must be
logged on as an administrator or a member of the Administrators group
in order to complete this procedure. If your computer is connected to
a network, network policy settings may also prevent you
http://www.microsoft.com/WINDOWSXP/home/using/productdoc/en/int_pr_install_languages.asp

Hope this helps

G

Thanks Roger! It's all working now :)

roger said:
Hi Karen,

Check this site:

Install East Asian language files on your computer
To install East Asian language files on your computer You must be
logged on as an administrator or a member of the Administrators group
in order to complete this procedure. If your computer is connected to
a network, network policy settings may also prevent you
http://www.microsoft.com/WINDOWSXP/home/using/productdoc/en/int_pr_install_languages.asp

Hope this helps

Ask a Question