Help! My PC keeps hanging at WinXP install screen!

Reaction score
My computer fell under the restart every once in a while and blue screen spell. So, I decided to clear everything and install a fresh Windows. Everything is done but I can't install Windows! In the Windows setup screen, before the installation starts, it will indication that it is loading or check some files and unfortunately this is where it keeps stopping. I have tried different Windows installation disc, so I guess we can rule that out. Hardware? I have had some training with hardware but I cannot record any hardware problem that will slow down Windows installation to a complete halt.

Does anyone have any clue as to what may be happening?

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Physically check that all cables inside and outside the pc are seated correctly. Try the hard disck and memory checking tools on Ultimate Boot CD.

Does the pc beep when you switch it on ??

user.gif

Reaction score
I cannot give an error message because there is none - The Windows setup stops during loading/checking the setup files and simply refuses to move, there is no error.

All cables should be properly connected and for PC beep - I haven't heard that for every PC of mine in years, I thought they removed it. Does that switch on deep still exist and should I be worried that none of my working PCs have it?

Ask a Question