Help, Internet conection lost between computers networked with windows xp home

G

I have a home network and lost the conetion between computers runing windows xp home.
Computer #1 runs xp home sp 1 and has the dialup internet conection. It was originaly setup with the network wizard. It is setup as a dhcp client and a dns client. ICF/ICS is started. The TCP/IP IP Adress is 192.168.0.1 and subnet is 255.255.255.0 and the DNS is blank.

Cumputer #2 runs windows 98 plus and conects to the network and internet OK. The TCP/IP obtains IP auto.

Computer #3 runs Windows xp home sp 1, and has lost the network and internet conection when a internet camera software was installed. The software has been uninstalled, but still won't conect to the network, and was originaly set up using the network wizard. It is a DHCP client, DNS client and has ICF/ICS stopped. I reran the network setup wizard but it still won't restore the network conection. I can restore the network conection by manually setting TCP/IP to IP Adress 192.168.0.3 and setting Subnet to 255.255.255.0, but it still won't conect to the internet but the network is OK. I can share files and printers. How can I restore the Inernet conection to this computer?

G

I'm replying to my own message as this site has lots of people posting messages , but not getting any reply. I guese this is micrososfts way of putting you in a perpetual phone loop till you start talking to yourself. I wonder if there is anyone that reads these to give you help? Any chance there is any real software I could buy that would really network computers and supply a shared internet conection?

Ask a Question