Help!!! Deleted or turned off something I shouldn't have.

G

HELP!!!
I was trying to make more space on my puter and started deleting stuff. When I was done I found out that I can't use my address bar from my desktop and when I try to go to a site using a shortcut on my desk top or in yahoo messenger it says that there is no program association for this action and to make and to make one in folder options. However when I go to folder options I dont see anything about making an association. What did I do and how do I fix it? Help this isn't my puter and I need to get it back to the way it was.

Thanks,
Angel

G

I feel that as with all these erasure programs, unless you know precisely what files you are deleting, you will always have registry as well as other problems. The easiest way, although not the condusive way, is to do a "system restore" to the point just before you deleted these files. Then if you must delete files, go through each and every file that the deletion program tells you is unnecessarry and then, and only then, delete the file. Make sure you know what each file is before you delete it.

T

traxless

Go to the help feature of XP and look at the Restore features.
Restore to the point before you started to delete.

Ask a Question