Help? Anybody?

Rod

Hi there.

I sent a somewhat plaintive request for help a couple of
weeks back ... about being unable to conduct video/audio
conversations in either Windows/MSN messenger. Not a hit
or reply ever since... I wish someone out there had the
answers.

Like technical snags of any kind, it's been hard for me
to troubleshoot this one because there are so many
factors in play ... a service pack upgrade, switching
from a cable internet provider to an ADSL service,
installation/de-installation/and re-installation of
sundry applications ... apart from wiping the whole slate
clean and starting all over again, where do you start?

I've since heard on my own from from a brother who's a
Microsoft trained engineer working for CREO, that my new
ADSL service might be filtering my connection in a way
that inhibits video/audio traffic. I've yet to here from
them on those concerns.

A couple of smart MCSE friends I also correspond with
both kind of agree... and also suggest that having SP2
(with its firewall) could be working at cross-purposes
with my Linksys wireless router (which also works as a
firewall)... and that I should deep-six the former. Does
that make sense? In any event, I've uninstalled SP2 and
have yet to test Messenger again.

I just wish somebody from Microsoft could reply with a
definitive answer.
Surely I'm not the only guy on the planet with this
common home setup who's experienced the same teething
pains. I KNOW this technology works. It just isn't for
me, and I sure wish it would.

Thanks, in advance, to anybody who can help.

Best regards,

Rod in Victoria, BC