Hello Stranger

Reaction score
Evening Chaps,

Thought I'd pop my head in and say Hello!

Haven't been on here in a while due to work commitments, however I am starting to get a lot more free time.

Looking to get back into crunching, and wanted to know whether anyone posses a Q6600 for crunching, I'd be curious as to see what sort of output they give.

I've basically been without a proper PC for quite a while, and have been using a laptop, so I'm looking at buying and building a completely new PC within the next month or so.

Let me know if anyone has a Q6600, just want opinions on whether it's good for crunching.

Chris

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
Chris, I have a couple of Q6600's and at the new lower prices they are widely recognised as giving the best crunching return/£ at the moment :thumb:

If you are going to get one, then make sure you get the new G0 stepping version rather than the older B3 - it has lower power usage (95W as opposed to 105W) and hence also runs cooler and OC's better
nod.gif

The new G0 have just started to be widely sold in the UK this week at most good retailers - just be aware though that some (OCUK) are charging a premium over the older B3 version.

Scan have just got them in today and aren't overcharging ;)

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
£150 for a quad ....lol..cost me £120 for a single core 3200+ socket 939 12 months ago ....

Reaction score
Right it should be at some point in September when I purchase all the kit, but it could be October, depending on funds and so forth.

Ask a Question