Having trouble installing IEEE1394 Controller

G

Purchased Firewire card to enable me to download media from digital video to Pinnacle Studio 9, fitted card into spare PCI slot and tried to instal. XP recognised Hardware, however when prompted to load software disc, received the message 'Cannot instal this Hardware IEEE 1394 Controller' An error occured during the installation of the device. followed by The data is invalid. Tried Devise Manager, and clicking on the properties and updating driver, to no avail. Any ideas anyone?

J

John R Weiss

Wagtail1 said:
Purchased Firewire card to enable me to download media from digital video
to Pinnacle Studio 9, fitted card into spare PCI slot and tried to instal.
XP recognised Hardware, however when prompted to load software disc,
received the message 'Cannot instal this Hardware IEEE 1394 Controller' An
error occured during the installation of the device. followed by The data is
invalid.

Try the card mfgr's web site for a new driver. If no go, return the card
and try another brand.

Interim step may be to try another PCI slot. Some boards are sensitive that
way...

R

roger

Hi Wagtail1,

Purchased Firewire card to enable me to download media from digital video to Pinnacle Studio 9, fitted card into spare PCI slot and tried to instal. XP recognised Hardware, however when prompted to load software disc, received the message 'Cannot instal this Hardware IEEE 1394 Controller' An error occured during the installation of the device. followed by The data is invalid. Tried Devise Manager, and clicking on the properties and updating driver, to no avail. Any ideas anyone?

Check this article:

FIX: Inconsistent gap count can cause 1394 devices to not enumerate
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;329256

Good luck

Ask a Question