have trouble downloading FFXI , need some advice please

Reaction score
goodmorning everyone,
please excuse me, im not to good with computers most times. Ok i play ff xi. (alot). my problem is last wk i contracted a sweet little viruse, trojan, worm. called Aurora, Nail.exe. I tried everything to get rid of it. and nothing worked. My son in law helped in getting rid of it. He had to blow my hd clean and fresh install everything. i tried to install ffxi last nite. I got as far as the playonline viewer. which i working. i can pick my mail up , and stuff. i regestered with them. but when it comes to downloading ffxi i can get through the first disk. but when it tells my to change to disk 2. i keep getting these error codes. Error 1311, Error 1305 and icon.exe Application error. ive tried everything Made sure im system adim. , clean my cd rom. made sure my firewall is turned off, pluss my mcafee anti viruse, and my pop up ad blocker. my os is wins xp pro, and my video card is a Gforce FX (cinematic graphics power) 5200.
can someone please give me some suggestion on what i might be doin wrong?
Thank you for your help

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Disk 2 has a problem ... copy the contents to a new folder on your HD and when asked for disk 2, point to the new folder.

Alternativly, replace disk2.

:thumb:

Reaction score
hmmmmm, if you want to pay for the shipping (which I doubt but..) I'll make a copy of disk 2 for you.

Reaction score
I will have to check out that yousendit.com site when I'm out of the office.... sounds like it might be interesting.

Ask a Question