Handheld PC using WinCe 5.0

Do you know of any handheld computer device that is currently available in
the USA that runs the WinCe 5.0 OS?

I have searched for a bit and have not found any item.

Thanks.

Paul G. Tobey [eMVP]

And what does "handheld computer device" mean? Pocket PCs and SmartPhones
running Windows Mobile 5 are all based on Windows CE 5.0 and they are all
handheld...

Paul T.

With what features?

-Chris

Actually I should have focused my question better. Will a device that runs
Windows Mobile 5 allow be to deploy WinCe NetCF2.0 App's using Vs2005
Professional? Will a device that supports Windows Mobile 5 likely supply the
support that the NetCF2.0 Framework needs? That is the main reason why I am
looking at a handheld PC. I just want it as a test bed for managed code
projects deployed from Vs2005 Professional.

Thanks.
--
John Olbert

--
John Olbert

Paul G. Tobey said:
And what does "handheld computer device" mean? Pocket PCs and SmartPhones
running Windows Mobile 5 are all based on Windows CE 5.0 and they are all
handheld...

Paul T.

Paul G. Tobey [eMVP]

Yes. In fact, that's just about the only set of devices that will do it
(those running Windows CE 5 are the only ones supporting .NET CF 2.0, right
now).

Again, "handheld PC" doesn't really have a meaning unless you mean "Handheld
PC", which was a Windows CE 3.0-based device or earlier, in which case the
answer is no.

Paul T.

Paul G. Tobey [eMVP]

Except I'm an idiot. PPC2003 SE also runs .NET CF 2.0 applications. In any
case, WM5 devices do run it.

Paul T.

"Paul G. Tobey [eMVP]" <p space tobey no spam AT no instrument no spam DOT
com> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

Daniel Moth

....for the archives we might as well clarify that even non-SE PPC2003
devices are supported...

Cheers
Daniel
--