Gta4

Reaction score
Become a bit of a GTA4 fan recently, but I simply can't stop the game crashing. Surfed the net for ages and tried all the tips, but nothing seems to work. It seems to be a problem with the game in general. Just wondered if anyone here had any fresh ideas.

The game will play for 1 minute sometimes, or 1 hour. It crashes with a locked sound-loop and usually returns to the desktop if you leave it.

Standard info:
Asus P5K Mobo
Intel Core2 Duo 6600 @ 2.40GHz
4x1GB DDR2 RAM
Asus GeForce ENGTX260 with 896MB DDR3
Hitachi SATA2 HDD 250GB - Operating system
Hitachi SATA2 HDD 400GB - Games

Windows XP Service Pack 3
Nvidia drivers 190.62

Thanks for any ideas...

Jock

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Strange, that's a similar setup to mine and GTA_IV runs ok on my machine (see sig).

All I can suggest is installing latest video drivers; updating motherboard Bios if applicable; installing all latest motherboard drivers - chipset; LAN; audio.

Also make sure GTA_IV is patched to latest version and it may or may not help to sign up to Windows Games Live and Rockstar Social club, if you haven't already done so.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I seem to remember having similar problems with GTA IV too, so I stopped playing it. I have an ASUS P5K, Q6600, 4GB RAM and an 8800 GTS - so a few similar components there. I thought it was down to the nVidia drivers, but I've just given up on GTA now.

Ask a Question