Star wars republic commando error 0x6c707544

Reaction score
I've just installed 'Star wars republic commando' and the game crashes and i get this error message : "The instruction at "0x6c707544" referenced memory at "0x6c707544". The memory could not be read". I tested my ram memory, it's ok. I googled this error message and found that it's typical for this game, many people had it, i just couldn't find a solution. Any ideas?

My Computer : windows xp pro sp3, Intel core 2 duo E6750, asus P5K se motherboard, 2 GB ddr2, Asus nvidia 8600GT video card.

All my drivers are up to date.

Reaction score
There's only one official patch which only adds a few multiplayer mps so there's nothing much to do there. I've installed it on a friends computer who has an older graphics card and it works perfectly. The game has a benchmark built in and it says that my computer matches all the requirements of the game. I also ran the direct x test and everything's working ok. I keep thinking it's a conflict with another program, i just can't figure out which could it be. I also tried deactivating my antivirus and firewall and all unnecessary programs, still not working.

What makes me really mad is that i tried to contact the support for this game, Lucasarts told me to contact Activision as they're responsible for support, and Activision has a fake e-mail address on its official site!

Well anyway, i'm starting to run out of ideas.

Waynos_Face

New Cruncher
Reaction score
Hi,

Is the graphics card maybe overheating????

You can download Rivatuner, its free and monitor and the temp with that.

It is more likely that the memory on the graphics card is failing than your actual RAM. Especially when playing a game.

Reaction score
Hi,
I tested the graphics card not long ago, I also have a progamme which shows me its temperature, 'everest', and it's ok. Besides i play other newer games like 'crysis' and and it works perfectly.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Apparently someone has it working by doing the following:

1) go to the drive you installed it to.
2) go to C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Republic Commando\GameData\System
3) then right click on SWRepublicCommando
4)run as administrator
5) play

If that doesn't work, turn off bump mapping in settings as there are lots of people having problems with this game and an 8xxx series card.

edit: Also ensure you have the latest nVidia drivers, the 169.21 forceware ones have a fix for "Star Wars: Republic Commando: Application crashes when starting a new game.[254010]"

Reaction score
Mystery solved!

Thanks Ian for the excellent tip. I turned all the detail settings to low and the game works. I can't believe a nvidia 8600GT has problems running a 4-year-old game.

Anyway, i'll try updating the graphics card's driver and hope that will fix the problem.

Thanks again.

Ask a Question