Greetings!

MXP

Reaction score
Hello all, I am new (OBV).

I am a keen Flight Simulator pilot, and I know all about it.

See you soon!

MXP

Reaction score
Thanks!

Maybe you can help me with my ILS approach question:

I know all about performing an ILS approach, but I do not knwo how to do a full ILS ladning, even in my Airbus A310. I do the same (Tune NAV1, enable APP hold), but the aircraft just continues to descend, until it smashes down onto the runway. As a result, I have to retain control at about 500ft, to make a soft landing.

How can I make the aircraft perform a full autolanding, and not just the approach?

Thanks (I think it could be something to do with a radio altimiter)

Reaction score
Hello & Welcome to PCreview.
happywave.gif

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Hello ...

In my day ILS was an instrument approach that gives the pilot of an aircraft visual cues on the aircraft's instruments. If the pilot follows these cues he will arrive near the approach end of the runway, usually around 200 feet above the surface. Still needed the pilot. ;)

:D

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
muckshifter said:
In my day ILS was an instrument approach that gives the pilot of an aircraft visual cues on the aircraft's instruments. If the pilot follows these cues he will arrive near the approach end of the runway, usually around 200 feet above the surface. Still needed the pilot. ;)

That's bang on :thumb: ILS is just glideslope/localiser indicators that will guide you down (plus the marker indicators). You can use autoland to guide the aircraft down, but as far as I know you still need to control the descent yourself in FS (not used it for years).

There's a blog post which might be useful here:

http://fsxtakasito.blogspot.com/2008/09/fsx-default-a321-ils-autoland-complete.html

Ask a Question