Flight Simulator 2020 Released

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 has finally been released!

I've been keeping an eye on this for ages and will likely get it soon. It looks amazing and reviews have generally been very positive (although it looks like a high-spec PC is needed!).

Anyone else considering getting this?

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
Absolutely stunning graphics! I remember using a flight simulator back in the late 90's early 00's and it was my fav thing on the pc with joysticks and high res monitor and not forgetting the Matrox G400 dual head video card. To some, it may sound very dated but it was one of the best back in the days :nod:

The other software that I enjoyed was Porche Unleashed which I loved driving around on the Swiss Alps with snow falling and orange glow of the homes covered with fresh snow. Sorry for my rambling but I think I got a bit nostalgic. :)

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Oh my god, this game looks incredible - been watching some clips and the graphics are fantastic. Take a look at something like this to see what I mean:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Absolutely stunning graphics! I remember using a flight simulator back in the late 90's early 00's and it was my fav thing on the pc with joysticks and high res monitor and not forgetting the Matrox G400 dual head video card. To some, it may sound very dated but it was one of the best back in the days :nod:

The other software that I enjoyed was Porche Unleashed which I loved driving around on the Swiss Alps with snow falling and orange glow of the homes covered with fresh snow. Sorry for my rambling but I think I got a bit nostalgic. :)

I wanted a G400 soooooo bad at the time :lol:. It had "bump mapping" which was all the rage back then. I think I went for an ATI All in Wonder :).

Reaction score
Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 has finally been released!

I've been keeping an eye on this for ages and will likely get it soon. It looks amazing and reviews have generally been very positive (although it looks like a high-spec PC is needed!).

Anyone else considering getting this?
This is great

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
I see its being said that FS2020 is the new Crysis, it will bring any system no matter how powerful to its knees.

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
I wanted a G400 soooooo bad at the time :lol:. It had "bump mapping" which was all the rage back then. I think I went for an ATI All in Wonder :).

When I first joined PC Review in 1999 (first iteration) I was online with the Matrox all the time on your brand new site! How is that for consolation? I think PC Review could not handle my G400 and crashed :fool:only to resurface again in 2002 and never looking back!

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
This version of the Flight simulator is absolutely fantastic, so much detail in it, only the best setup can do full justice to this to really enjoy it.

I found this tutorial extremely good, even though I may not be using this software but I went through the turtorial for nostalgia purpose of what flight simulator used to be in early part of the century. This guy has I think 5 tutorials which you can go through to have a good idea of what it offers and how you want to enjoy it.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Yes, Squirriel is great for anything sim related. I used to watch his ETS stuff. :)

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
I loved this particular simulation of the FS 2020

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
I've got 3 years of Game Pass Ultimate via the Brazil method now and this is on the PC, will have to download it one day and give it a go, 135GB though!

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I've got 3 years of Game Pass Ultimate via the Brazil method now and this is on the PC, will have to download it one day and give it a go, 135GB though!
Bought game pass ultimate recently too, so now have loads of games for PC and Xbox. The install process for this game is odd, you install the core, then sit for hours once you start the game so it downloads even more. Then, it regularly needs updates of 10GB or so - I wish they used a different patching/installation method!

Started doing the "flying lesson" tutorials a few days ago and the game is beautiful!

Ask a Question