DJI Mavic Pro Drone

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Following the theme of the gadget reviews we've got coming up, we'll hopefully be taking a look at the DJI Mavic Pro drone sometime soon. DJI have released a high-end consumer level drone which can take 4k video, includes flight autonomy (including collision avoidance) and folds up to a tiny size. Competition is heating up, with the GoPro Karma drone being released at a similar time.

Mavic Pro is DJI’s first personal drone designed to be taken just about anywhere. Small enough to toss in a bag and easy enough to launch quickly whenever the time and place are right, its unique folding design compresses the entire drone to practically the size of a water bottle.

The compact body of Mavic Pro holds a drone built for uncompromising performance. Equipped with a stabilized 4K camera and a visual navigation system, with a 4.3 mile (7 km) range and 27 minute flight time, Mavic Pro sets the new standard for compact drones.

Mavic Pro’s UK retail price will be £999 with the remote controller included. Additional Mavic Pro Intelligent Flight Batteries will cost £85. A Mavic Pro Fly More Combo, which includes a Mavic Pro, two extra Intelligent Flight Batteries, extra propellers, a charging hub, an adapter, a car charger and a shoulder bag, will be available for £1249.

Mavic Pro is immediately available for pre-order at dji.com/mavic and will begin shipping October 15. It will also be available in mid-October at DJI’s three flagship stores in Shenzhen, Seoul and Hong Kong. Mavic Pro can also be ordered on Apple.com and will be available in Apple Stores in early November.

Keep your eyes peeled, as this is sure to be something interesting!

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I'm really looking forward to giving it a try-out - I've watched a few of the demo videos on YouTube and drone technology is getting incredible. I spent this morning reading up on drone laws!

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Yeah the laws are getting serious now as I understand it, with good reason mind you, always seems to be some idiot trying to do an flyby at an airport and nearly causing an incident.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Yup - it's hard to believe how foolish people can be. From what I understand, newer models come with geofencing so that it's not possible to fly in to restricted areas. It seems like a sensible precaution and can't see any downside to that, as it's a "toy" with a lot of potential to cause harm if mis-used.

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
I follow a YouTuber who uses a quad-copter to shoot some breathtaking aerial videos of the scenery in and around his Alaskan home. Recently, he managed to rig-up a 360 deg view camera, which was pretty awesome too.

Being ever practical, :rolleyes: it occurs to me that a drone could be pretty useful for checking-out the state of one's roof from ground-level! Yeah, not the most interesting use, but hey, could save a few pounds when the cowboys come-a-calling after stormy weather. ;)

Ask a Question