Graphics card upgrade.

Reaction score
Recently i posted a thread regarding upgrading a few things on my Pc. This is a side note from that. I currently have a Gefore FX5900 Nividia card. I want to upgrade to a faster newer card with at least pixel shading 2. I know that the PCI express cards are the go. Unfortunately i dont have a mother board that supports PCI -e so i have to go for a AGP card. What is the best and fastest card i can get ? Not stressed about the money. But whats the best. 6600 was mentioned by someone. Cheers in advance.

Reaction score
The Best AGP card?

well...

If money ain't an issue:

There's This one. Or,

That one.

Not a massive choice now on AGP slots, but you can still find some great cards :thumb:

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
i'd go for nvidia as well but AFAIK the ATI X1950 is the best card thats available for AGP

Reaction score
Its all opinions really.
I'd recommend nvidia only because for me its more reliable. Not saying ATI is lesser or anything though. Up to your Jockstar :D

Reaction score
michael 118 said:
Its all opinions really.
I'd recommend nvidia only because for me its more reliable. Not saying ATI is lesser or anything though. Up to your Jockstar :D

I also like Nvidia. But hers a question. Looking at my existing card and the 7800 then i notice a slight difference, ie the slits. My main board is NVIDIA nForce 3 Ultra Chipset Based
K8N Neo 2 Platinum Edition
designed for AMD Athlon 64 processors
Does that make more sense? Will the newer card fit in my slot? Thanks in advance.

Reaction score
Okay...

Is THIS your motherboard?

If so, the board can support an AGP or PCI (note: not PCI-E) video card, at any one time.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Personally I prefer ATi, but when I bought my 7900 ati couldn't even get close in the price range.

Product over Name all the way.

Ask a Question