Graphics Card Help

Reaction score
Before you guys say things like have you downloaded this program or checked this. im only really here to ask a question. This is my first post [GZ me] so don't scare me off... much.

Ok theres a thing i'm finding it hard to work out, which is figuring out what i need to get a new graphics card.. my pc is EI-System (Basicly called CR-ap System). i checked DxDiag thing it just shows as SIS. can i just pop in a new graphics card without worrying about what drive i have or do i have to get a new pc?

Random Sad Smily :D

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
Hi Mejdis :wave: and welcome to PC Review - don't worry we don't bite here :)

You obviously need to know what type of graphics card slot you have on your motherboard (PCI-E or AGP) and also whether the power supply unit and CPU is capable of running it properly.

Your right - EI Systems are sh*t, and to be honest putting a decent graphics in it is probably a waste - I would look at getting a new one.

Reaction score
Hi there and welcome
happywave.gif

First off, we need the name of your motherboard?

I wouldn't upgrade a system like yours anyway though.

Edit: hmm Ady you beat me too it by a minute. Grr.:D

Reaction score
Thanks

Thanks, but i really don't know what my motherboard is... i think it would be kind of a waste to get a new one as ive already improved my RAM by 1gig, if u can tell me how to find out what my Graphics card motherboard is pelase do... lately i've been playing games like Guild Wars and World of Warcraft.. and i find that i cant get the best graphics as i should be.

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
If you google or give us your precise EI system model number then we may be able to find out that way.

Reaction score
Thanks.. i dont have much time left.. i will get back to you tommorow.. after working times :D

Reaction score
Mejdis said:
Thanks, but i really don't know what my motherboard is... i think it would be kind of a waste to get a new one as ive already improved my RAM by 1gig, if u can tell me how to find out what my Graphics card motherboard is pelase do... lately i've been playing games like Guild Wars and World of Warcraft.. and i find that i cant get the best graphics as i should be.

free software here

http://www.sisoftware.co.uk/index.html?dir=dload&location=sware_dl_3264&langx=en&a=

It will tell your motherboard version,cd-rom,etc

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
I was working on the basis of his first post, so didn't bother to suggest any downloads.

Before you guys say things like have you downloaded this program or checked this. im only really here to ask a question

Reaction score
Well, my system is Eisystem 102, IT says that my Graphics card is SiS661 FX AGp. Thats about all i know. so i found a nice G-Card Agp 512meg.. and i was wondering.. if i could just slot it in?

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I think the reason nobody has replied is that you haven't supplied enough information to determine which type of card your computer can take.

It looks as though you have a Sis chipset in which case you may have integrated graphics in the motherboard and lack a slot to put a graphics card into.

More info = help & advice :)

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Ok, I Googled and it would appear your computer was sold by PC World and is no longer manufactured.

The nearest I could find to it was This which does have integrated graphics.

If yours is a similar model it really isn't worth spending any money on.

If you can find out the full spec we could offer an opinion on an upgrade but I've a feeling it won't be worth it.

You could try asking/phoning PC World as well but be careful, they will probably attempt to sell you something you don't need ;)

Reaction score
A full spec? what do you mean, tell me what info you need and i'll try and search for them.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Mejdis said:
A full spec? what do you mean, tell me what info you need and i'll try and search for them.

Strangely, when I replied I hadn't read the first page of this thread :blush:

Ooops.

Look, it's all been said, I'm afraid your computer isn't terribly good and it really isn't worth spending any money on it at all.

Look to be spending about £500.00 to £600.00 at least on a new machine if you want to game.

Sorry, but that's the brutal truth.

Reaction score
And can you please find me a good deal, keep it no where higher than £400, as low as you can, and i do not mind if it doesnt come with a monitor or keyboard. i have all those.

Ask a Question