GPU-Z Beta Released

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Techpowerup have released GPU-Z Beta.

http://www.techpowerup.com/downloads/780/TechPowerUp_GPU-Z_v0.0.5.html

Just like CPU-Z, only for your graphics card. :)

Its still in beta, so may not be perfect, The first four versions didn't work for me, but the latest 0.0.5 is all good.

As you can see its still not 100% correct, but is mostly good. Remember its still beta. :)

1191714745.jpg

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
... even works (?) in Vista. :thumb:

:D

Attachments

• gpuz.JPG
    gpuz.JPG
    50.3 KB · Views: 140

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Is this a good thing to have please Guys..? Or more of a boys with their toys kind of thing :p No, I am really not being rude, I am genuinely curious - mainly because previously, I didn't have NVIDIA on the laptops (they were both ATi) whereas I do have it on both desktops. Consequently, I have been a tad cautious of altering any of the settings, etc., (i.e. if it ain't broke don't fix it, being the thought) and wonder whether they are optimized/correct. (I've just ordered a new game so I guess I should try to get my head around the graphics side of things :blush: .....that is the wrong way around isn't it :nod: ...sigh.)

So would this help in my case do you suppose...?

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Groovy

TC: Generally speaking, it's best to leave the graphics cards settings alone.

Unless you're a serious gamer there are no benefits to overclocking your graphics card, you'll need dedicated software to do it anyway and there's a risk of it overheating.

attachment.php

Attachments

• gpu.jpg
    gpu.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 375

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Flops, thank you for explaining - I didn't realize that it was for overclocking (duh!) I don't think I'm ready to go there :lol:

Game-wise, I'm about to try dipping a toe into Guild Wars, having read so many bits about it in here - and elsewhere on the net - I've always wanted to try something like that, but previously lacked the specs. :) Thank you again :thumb:

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
ah, now then, GW ... there are, you will love to know, quite a few "Ladies" that are very good players ... I can "guide" your hand and if you do wish to try it out, get Nightfall first ... it is the better of the three to start with.
nod.gif

oh, err, back on topic ...

GPU-Z is actually just for information, it don't "overclock" your system, as FBS said, you'll need other "tools" for that ... ;)

If, however, you really want to know the ins-n-outs of your graphics card, at a glance, then as this "software" does NOT install, it just runs when you call it, it will give you all the info needed for any tech who wants to know what card you have is capable off.

Oh, and it does "support" both ATI & nVidia cards ...

:thumb:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Aye, Mucks is right, I didn't make that very clear did I? :blush:

It is worth having - good info and uses no resources, as Mucks said.

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Oh I'm sorry for the confusion Flops and Mucks :rolleyes: No Flops, it wasn't you, it's me... I've not been "with-it" at all this week (blame it on the loss of a wisdom tooth!) I completely mis-read it :blush: Will have a look at it I think... you know what they say about curiosity and cats... ;)

FBS Edit: Um, an edit here, lol :D Taffycat: PM Mucks, 'k?

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
ooh, oooh, V.0.0.6 :D

Notice I've upgraded me drivers, I was running on V163.67

attachment.php

Attachments

• gpu.jpg
    gpu.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 254

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Just noticed, No monitor in 0.0.6.

See any difference with new drivers Flops?

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
V_R said:
TC, as others have said, this is just good for a 'general info tool' it will tell you driver versions, clock speeds etc. Will be even better once its out of beta. :)

Version 0.0.6 is out. :thumb:

Thanks V_R :) I downloaded it yesterday and it worked fine with Vista, but refused on XP, so might give the newer version a try on there :thumb: (Much of the info is obviously not meaning much to me, but as Mucks said, it might just be useful if I needed to ask for help with a graphics problem :nod: )

TC's EDIT: No - still throws up an error " GPU-Z - Video card Information Utility has encountered a problem and needs to close...." (Code: 0xc0000005) so for some reason it really doesn't like my XP rig ;)

Last edited:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
V_R said:
Just noticed, No monitor in 0.0.6.

See any difference with new drivers Flops?

tbh - nope

I was keeping a critical eye out playing Bioshock and CoD2 online but honestly couldn't tell any difference.

Mind you, CoD2 and Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion still look gorgeous maxed out, still brings a smile to me boat race :D

However, if I max out Bioshock it will stutter a little during intense action sequences so I just notched it down a little. Still looks good though.

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Taffycat I tried out the V.0.0.6 on my rig with XP Pro and it worked fine .
happywave.gif

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Taffycat said:
Thanks V_R :) I downloaded it yesterday and it worked fine with Vista, but refused on XP, so might give the newer version a try on there :thumb: (Much of the info is obviously not meaning much to me, but as Mucks said, it might just be useful if I needed to ask for help with a graphics problem
nod.gif
)

TC's EDIT: No - still throws up an error " GPU-Z - Video card Information Utility has encountered a problem and needs to close...." (Code: 0xc0000005) so for some reason it really doesn't like my XP rig ;)
Ha ha, yes its random it seems as to what pc's it runs on. The first four versions didn't work for me at all, (XP) got the same thing as your. Then version 5 and 6 were fine! Remember its still only n beta, the propper release will be better. (i hope!) :)

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Abarbarian and V_R - yes it is probably still a bit hit and miss at present - got to make allowances for beta, as you say :D

Ask a Question