Good online games?

Reaction score
what are some good online FPS games? i just got the 6800 but i dont have any games for it so im thinking about picking some up! u guys know of anyy good games?

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Far Cry, UT 2004, Half Life 2, Call Of Duty, Battlefield 2, SWAT 4, Doom 3

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
That comes down to personal preference so you'll have to make your own mind up....

tek

Reaction score
Firstly I'd get Half Life 2 because you get few mods with it which give you more variety, counter strike, day of defeat, HL Death Match etc. Call of duty is a good game for online but if you have the money try out planetside, which is a massively multiplayer fps.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
My choices:

Call Of Duty (been playing online for 18 months now and still not fed up with it, currently playing on a server in Seattle)
Half Life 2
UT 2004 - Fast, furious and fun

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Far Cry is a great game but really not much good online, imo

If I had to insist, I'd say get Call Of Duty for best online gaming experience.

Just my opinion, of course ;)

You should be able to get the three games you've listed at reduced price now, btw, you can in the UK, anyway. But it's likely you may have to pay full price for CoD.

Reefsmoka

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
Download Americas Army (latest version is 2.4). Its by far the best online FPS bar none. Its the most realistic, graphical and its absolutly free!

Make sure you play it with headphones, you can hear peoples footsteps and jump out on em ;).

Chris Pickering

Monkey Island Fanboy
Reaction score
floppybootstomp said:
Sometimes things, uh, meander a little...

Exactly! It's what forums do best ;)

FPS wise, all the best have already been mentioned. Counterstrike and Call of Duty are my personal favourites.

Reaction score
Hey a Quick question That Americas Army how come it free what it created by moders??

and that download is kinda long lol but i hope its good :D

Reefsmoka

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
It wasnt created by modders I dont think. It was made as an Americas Army recruiting tool, thats why alot of PC Games magazines wont review it or mention much about it because of that.

It has around 20 levels to choose from, with much better level design than CS, better graphics than CS and 90% of the servers dont suffer from lag at all!

Its extremely realistic, you get shot 3 times in the chest, you dead ;). Not CS 3 clips later hes still running.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Yup, it does seem strange to think that the army created a free game as a recruiting exercise!

Ask a Question