good games

Reaction score
hey guys,

im getting bored of all the usual games that in every secual you do the same thing so I was wondering if knew about any new games that werent the same old thing like warcraft and empire earth!

thx italiankid1:D

ps: world of warcraft is fun the normal 1 isnt!

Reaction score
Soooo Many Games...

I know what you mean about samey kinds of games..
"Samey Gamey" LOL :lol:

But Half-Life 2 gets my vote!
I know, different genre altogether, but the quality and gameplay are superb.

On the subject of Strategy games.... Dune/Dune2000 and Starcraft were the ones I got hooked on.:nod:

Cheers
Kev

Reaction score
Retro - a no-no?

On the subject of Strategy games.... Dune/Dune2000 and Starcraft were the ones I got hooked on.
nod.gif

Sorry mate - these games ARE the same play-style as Warcraft.
These games are a number of years old!

Try them out - should be on Budget Labels now, if not available from certain locations on the Super Information Highway ;)

Cheers
Kev

Reefsmoka

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
Best First Person Shooters:
Far Cry
Half Life 2
F.E.A.R.
Prey
Call Of Duty (both 1 and 2 are excellent)

RPG:
Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion

Strategy:
Command And Conquer: Genrals
Warhammer 40,000: Dawn Of War

Online:
Americas Army (100% Free, Much better than Counter Strike, Download Here)
Guild Wars (Not free to buy, but no monthly subscription ^^)

Misc:
Tiger Woods 2005
Pro Evolution Soccer 5
The Movies
Football Manager 2006
Hitman Blood Money

Thats my opinion anyway, of course i've missed some :blush: .

Reaction score
I had a look at the American army link and i wanted to download it, but is the game Single,multiplayer or both?

please reply back because its a large download (for me) :D

Reaction score
In my opinion everyone should at least try Black and White 2 - it is a pretty amazing game i think, though not a classic.

FEAR, Call of Duty 2, Half Life 2 and Elder Scrolls 4 are all excellent games, though you will need fairly good hardware to run them well.

Oh and Quake 4 is only a tenner, so that is probably worth it.

Reaction score
PotGuy said:
In my opinion everyone should at least try Black and White 2 - it is a pretty amazing game i think, though not a classic.

FEAR, Call of Duty 2, Half Life 2 and Elder Scrolls 4 are all excellent games, though you will need fairly good hardware to run them well.

Oh and Quake 4 is only a tenner, so that is probably worth it.

Yup:D

Classics like Operation Flashpoint,Battlefield Vietnam, Haegmonia....

All amazing games :)

oh and my favourite game for a long period of time was Pirates of the Caribbean....:blush:

It was the game i was always looking for! Sailing around in ships,blowing stuff up and making money was my thing :D

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I was thinking of trying Pirates Of The Caribbean, saw it for a tenner today, is it any good then?

Also saw Battlefield 1942 One with both expansion packs for £12.50. I borrowed the game from a friend soon after it was released and couldn't get into it. But so many people have said it's good I was thinking, at that price, maybe trying it again.

Is it worth it? I remember finding the start of the game a bit difficult and it's what? 4 or 5 years old now.
Waddya reckon? Buy it or go straight to Battlefield 1942 Two?

Reefsmoka

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
michael 118 said:
I had a look at the American army link and i wanted to download it, but is the game Single,multiplayer or both?

please reply back because its a large download (for me) :D

Multiplayer only.

Reaction score
floppybootstomp said:
I was thinking of trying Pirates Of The Caribbean, saw it for a tenner today, is it any good then?

Also saw Battlefield 1942 One with both expansion packs for £12.50. I borrowed the game from a friend soon after it was released and couldn't get into it. But so many people have said it's good I was thinking, at that price, maybe trying it again.

Is it worth it? I remember finding the start of the game a bit difficult and it's what? 4 or 5 years old now.
Waddya reckon? Buy it or go straight to Battlefield 1942 Two?

Sailing on pirates is easy and very relaxing (and pretty if you have a high end machine).
I personally reccomend it, but you may hear different from others.

I got Bf 1942, and its expansions and i wasnt really impressed. Try Battlefield Vietnam, its less laggy and waaay more fun (Flying a Huey with 'Ride of the Valkyries' blasting through the sound system as your guys gunning down 'charlie' is an experience like none other :D)

Bad thing about Bf1942 is that it lags terribly for me.. yet Vietnam plays beautifully, and there are more people online for Vietnam...

But in the end its your choice, you will extract fun from whatever you choose :)

oh and thanks reefsmoka, i wont get it if it multiplayer since the download is too big for me. Had a look at the screen shots and i did like the look of it :)

Ask a Question