Gmail Account Hacked?

Reaction score
Hi,

Today I have recviced a spam e-mail that says it was sent from my gmail account to my gmail account, I did not send this message. I have looked under the account activity and that seems fine. Do you think someone has hacked into my account??

Regards,

Wiz

Reaction score
wizkid said:
Hi,

Today I have recviced a spam e-mail that says it was sent from my gmail account to my gmail account, I did not send this message. I have looked under the account activity and that seems fine. Do you think someone has hacked into my account??

Regards,

Wiz
Hi WiZ
Did you try to reply to the spam email. If it states it came from you then it should go back to you. Shouldn't it??? Are you sure you didnt mistakenly send it to yourself Wiz ??
Zzzzz

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
wizkid said:
Hi,

Regards,

Wiz
Nope, I think it's been spoofed.

In order to check email headers in GMail one needs to follow these steps:

1. Log into your GMail Account.
2. Open the Email for which one need to view the headers.
3. One can see a little arrow pointing down next to Reply. Click on this down arrow next to Reply.
4. A drop down menu will open up. Select Show original in this menu.
5. The full headers will now appear in a new window.

:thumb:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Yep, I'm with Mucks - it's spoofed! :) Every day I get e-mails to myself, from myself ;)

Reaction score
Ok I have had a look through and it says that it came from my self and was delivered to my self. There is an IP address in it and I looked it up on the net and its saying the IP address is in Sweden.

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
I get e-mails from my GMail account that are supposed to come from me telling me that I have won millions. it is hard keeping track of all that money.
laughingsmiley.gif

I would not worry about it Whiz.
nod.gif

Reaction score
Abarbarian said:
I get e-mails from my GMail account that are supposed to come from me telling me that I have won millions. it is hard keeping track of all that money.
laughingsmiley.gif

I would not worry about it Whiz.
nod.gif

Hi AB,

Thanks for your reply and letting me know it happens to your Gmail account as well, thats what mine are as well usally saying I have won money.

LOL if only it was real we have lots of money indeed. :D

Reaction score
Anyone know how to check the details (ip address etc) of where emails have come from on hotmail?

Ask a Question