Getting a video in email

Reaction score
Hey i was wondering if someone could help me with an email issue. My girl uploaded a video to send in email but it says it was sent but she thinks the file is too big. Would that be the reason why i wouldnt receive the email? or is there another way to send it since the attachment was too big? (assuming the file it too big)

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hello and welcome to the forums :)

Yes, there's a good chance that the e-mail could have been too big to send - in which case there would normally be a "bounced" e-mail containing the error details.

If the video is over a few MB in size, it may be worth uploading the video to youtube (if public) or a file sharing service and just sent the link to the video.

Reaction score
Thanks a lot man.. yeah she said it was in her sent box but im not exactly sure how big the file is. is there a way she could make the file smaller and be able to send it?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Zipping up a video file probably won't do much (unless it isn't compressed well to start with).

She could try converting the video format to another type, but the quality would probably be much lower.

Do you know what the file size is?

Ask a Question