Game website

Reaction score
Hi, i wanted to start up a game website and/or a forum like the one hear to go with it, just wandered if anyone knows how to go about it, here is an example of 1 me and m8's use occassionaly

www.the5thplace.com

also www.ultimatearcade.com let you use there games okay, so everything will be legal!

any ideas?

Reaction score
Get a domain, grab some hosting, setup a forum, get some legally free arcade flash games / buy the rights to use some flash arcade games and implement them into the forum software ;)

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Try www.registerfly.com for cheap .com/.co.uk domains, and I think you get free hosting from there. Or, you could try and get a free .tk domain, I'm not sure how that works anymore though.

Have you had experience designing websites first, as that would be the first step?

Reaction score
Would anyone be interested in helping me slightly? i have now bought the domain and got a pretty good (i think) hosting package, please pm me if you would be willing?

Reaction score
ChrisIMRIE said:
Get a domain, grab some hosting, setup a forum, get some legally free arcade flash games / buy the rights to use some flash arcade games and implement them into the forum software ;)

I got them both, but have problems. i have got a .co.uk domain which is fine

But it doesnt have a website builder with the hosting package i have got. So i will either be looking at;

1. First of all to see if i can create a site in dreamweaver then upload that as a temporary site
  2. Secondly pay £130 for their business hosting which has
  • unlimited web space
  • unlimited bandwith
  • unlimited mailboxes,respoders,forwarders
  • unlimited mySGL databases
  • unlimited sub-domains
  • amongst many other features
i figured that i should be able to get flash games on the site if i upgrade, so i would like to try and turn it into a site like www.killsometime.com

Would anyone please help me slightly?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
£130 is too much for the sort of hosting you are after, you should be able to point your domain name to some free webspace and use that for now :D

www.freewebspace.net has a list of LOADs of places.

Reaction score
Ok, www.kingnathski88.co.uk is my new website

Currently running on there free hosting;

• 2.5GB Webspace
  • 100MB bandwith
  • 1000 E-mail boxes,responders & forwarders
  • Amongst other features
The reason for that price was unlimited space and bandwith.

Reaction score
Unlimited doesn't exist i'm affraid, so your being scammed from the point you order that plan ;)

Reaction score
There will generally be a catch in the policies, which says if you use more than 10GB Disk Space / 100GB Bandwidth then it'll be exceeding server resources and they have the right to terminate your plan.

I've had this before, any Unlimited Plan's are scams, they just don't exist, it's pretty much like saying your Hard Drive is infinite GB.

Bandwidth is very expensive, and disk space is very expensive also.

You think they'll let you use their whole server resources for £130 per year... i pay around that every three months for my server.

Reaction score
Thats what you may think until the company have just ruined it totally...

I asked for a RAID rebuild with a new hard drive and they happily went and deleted everything and replaced my server...

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
ChrisIMRIE said:
I asked for a RAID rebuild with a new hard drive and they happily went and deleted everything and replaced my server...

:eek: Did you lose any info?

Ask a Question