Friends pc mucked.

Reaction score
STOP: c000021a Fatal System Error Windows Logon Process Terminated unexpectedly with a status of 0xc0000135 (0x00000000 0x00000000) The system has been shut down

His monitor doesnt seem to work with his pc, but works with another laptop. He checked inside and the fan is working and seems to be okay... not sure what the problem is (I havent seen it myself,its what he has told me)

His specs are 2.0Ghz cpu 1 gig of ram 64mb card.

Any ideas? :)

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
CAUSE

The STOP 0xC000021A error occurs when either Winlogon.exe or Csrss.exe fails.

When the Windows NT kernel detects that either of these processes has stopped, it stops the system and raises the STOP 0xC000021A error. This error may have several causes, including, but not limited to the following:
•Mismatched system files have been installed.
•A Service Pack installation has failed.
•A backup program that as used to restore a hard disk did not correctly restore files that may have been in use.
•An incompatible third party program been installed.
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;156669

Reaction score
Thanks Mucks, he has read that through but he cant access the command prompt.

When he turns the pc on the fan is going and the lights indicate all is well, but then it just stops and goes blank.

Also there are no unusual beeps when he boots.

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
michael 118 said:
Thanks Mucks, he has read that through but he cant access the command prompt.

When he turns the pc on the fan is going and the lights indicate all is well, but then it just stops and goes blank.

Also there are no unusual beeps when he boots.
Are there any Beeps ... just one?

Possible dead/dieing Hard drive. Dissconect the HD power & ribbon cable and see if it will post.

user.gif

Reaction score
muckshifter said:
Are there any Beeps ... just one?

Possible dead/dieing Hard drive. Dissconect the HD power & ribbon cable and see if it will post.

user.gif

Only the start up beeps, nothing else thats unusual.

It might be the hard drive since he fairly recently added a second hard drive. The original hard drive has had problems before, so i think its a fair bet to say its a hard drive problem.

Thanks for the replies :D

Reaction score
He says he has tried that with both hard drives and the same happens, just a blank screen.

His Psu model is Winpower 550W. Could it be the psu?

Last edited:

Ask a Question