Free HTML editor

Susan Bugher

ellis_jay said:
Morten Skarstad wrote:

Where does it say this pay program is free for personal use? Other than a
trial period of a few days?

It was free - seems to have become $ware in Aug. 2005. Does anyone know
the last freeware version - have a link to it?

Susan
--
Posted to alt.comp.freeware

Tomguy

from the author's website forum:

http://www.tsw.dk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=842
"...I really did think that we might be able to pull it off. Unfortunately
that was me being unrealistic. No one can survive on making freeware in the
real world..."

TSW WebCoder has become shareware.

I downloaded both WebCoder and WebPad just a few days ago. So, apparently,
the last free-for-home-use versions were:

TSW WebCoder 5
TSW WebPadInternational 101

[author supplied registration codes via email]

Morten Skarstad

It was free - seems to have become $ware in Aug. 2005. Does anyone
know the last freeware version - have a link to it?

I was unaware of that. I have version 5.02, which I registered for free back
when I got it.

But if it is no longer free then my guess is TSW just took the free
registration offline, rather than alter the available executables/installers
in any way.

miskairal

Morten said:
I was unaware of that. I have version 5.02, which I registered for free back
when I got it.

But if it is no longer free then my guess is TSW just took the free
registration offline, rather than alter the available executables/installers
in any way.
I downloaded it on the 23rd, installed it on the 26th and hadn't got
round to registering it. This might be what pushes me over the edge to
use HTMLgate instead as I was undecided.

Susan Bugher

Morten said:
Susan Bugher wrote:
I was unaware of that. I have version 5.02, which I registered for free back
when I got it.

But if it is no longer free then my guess is TSW just took the free
registration offline, rather than alter the available executables/installers
in any way.

IOW - if I understand you correctly - the version that *was* free is now
$ware. That same version can be downloaded as Trialware - a product key
is required to remove the nag screen and that product key is no longer
free. (I suppose the trial may also expires.) It sounds like there is no
true "last freeware version".

Susan
--
Posted to alt.comp.freeware