Free CAD ?

Salamander

I have seen InstaCAD (freeware), but I am not really interested in 3D-CAD,
and was wondering if anyone has any "better" recommendations. I've searched
(google) and came up with some names, but I'd rather hear from some users
that have used free CAD programs than rely on the short descriptions that
accompany them.

ahlbebuck

Hello, Salamander!
You wrote on Thu, 2 Oct 2003 09:18:55 -0400:

S> I have seen InstaCAD (freeware), but I am not really interested in
S> 3D-CAD, and was wondering if anyone has any "better" recommendations.
S> I've searched (google) and came up with some names, but I'd rather hear
S> from some users that have used free CAD programs than rely on the short
S> descriptions that accompany them.

In my opinion the best free 2d cad package remains Turbocad 4 Learning
Edition. try imsi.co.uk or search google

With best regards, ahlbebuck. E-mail: (e-mail address removed)

Frank Hahn

I have seen InstaCAD (freeware), but I am not really interested in
3D-CAD, and was wondering if anyone has any "better" recommendations.
I've searched (google) and came up with some names, but I'd rather
hear from some users that have used free CAD programs than rely on the
short descriptions that accompany them.
I would recommend Intellicad if you can find one of the older versions
that is not time limited. I just looked recently, and the most recent
free versions seem to be limited to 30 days or so. For example, look at
http://www.cadopia.com.

I downloaded a version a year or two ago that is still working. I
initially was running it on Windows 98 and now am using it on Windows
2000. There is a lot of stuff that is not included in the downloaded
version, but so far, for the stuff I am doing, it has worked fine.

Christopher Jahn

And said:
Hello, Salamander!
You wrote on Thu, 2 Oct 2003 09:18:55 -0400:

S> I have seen InstaCAD (freeware), but I am not really
interested in S> 3D-CAD, and was wondering if anyone has
any "better" recommendations. S> I've searched (google)
and came up with some names, but I'd rather hear S> from
some users that have used free CAD programs than rely on
the short S> descriptions that accompany them.

In my opinion the best free 2d cad package remains Turbocad
4 Learning Edition. try imsi.co.uk or search google

I'll second that, although I've moved on to TCAD 9 Pro for the
3D features. But the free version they have on the site is an
excellent 2D CAD program.

--
:) Christopher Jahn
:-(

http://mywebpage.netscape.com/xjahn/Main.html

You never get a second chance to make the first impression.