FP2003 File Open defaults to ALL files

Brian Meyette

I recently upgraded from FP2000 to FP2003. WHile it has
some nice new features, one thing that's quite obnoxious
is the way File Open works. With FP2000, File Open
defaulted to only htm files. With FP2003, File Open
defaults to ALL files. So now I have to either change the
file types" pulldown to htm or wade through hundreds of
jpg files every time I want to open an htm file. I've
searched through all the "customize", "preferences",
and "site options", but can't find any way to change the
default File Open behavior. Is there a way to do this?
The FP3000 File Open is a big step backwards so far.

?

=?Windows-1252?Q?Rob_Giordano_\=28aka:_Crash_Gordo

What do you use File Open for anyway?
In all the years I've used FP, I don't think I've used File Open maybe 10 times.

| I recently upgraded from FP2000 to FP2003. WHile it has
| some nice new features, one thing that's quite obnoxious
| is the way File Open works. With FP2000, File Open
| defaulted to only htm files. With FP2003, File Open
| defaults to ALL files. So now I have to either change the
| file types" pulldown to htm or wade through hundreds of
| jpg files every time I want to open an htm file. I've
| searched through all the "customize", "preferences",
| and "site options", but can't find any way to change the
| default File Open behavior. Is there a way to do this?
| The FP3000 File Open is a big step backwards so far.

Brian Meyette

I use it to, well, open files; htm files. I have at least
a hundred htm files for my web site. I am constantly
updating them. When I want to open one I've worked on
recently, I go to File - Recent Files. If I want to edit
a file I have not worked on recently, I go to File Open.
I don't understand how else you'd update your htm files.
I suppose you could use Explorer & double click on a file,
but that seems even more obnoxious. How do you open your
htm files for edit?
brian