Formula 1

Reaction score
crazylegs said:
Vettel on Pole...Should be interesting..:D

Yup should make it interesting...Woke up early to watch qualifying...Watched Q1 and Q2 and fell asleep for Q3...Hope its on BBC iPlayer...

Reaction score
Great race today despite been wet......Gotta say though, that Jonathan Leggard has to go..I found myself itting the mute button at times so I didn't have to listen to him..At times it was as if he was comentating a different race..I think he'd be better of commentating donkey races....Really annoying for me...

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
It's absolutely wonderful. :thumb:

The same old teams are NOT winning.

Makes life so much more interesting. :nod:

Reaction score
Top driving to Jensen once again....My prediction is he is going to take first in the next 3 races to...Much shorter twistier tracks, which when you look how well the Brawn cars are handling and turning compared to the rest are going to better suited.....Monaco should be fun for the drivers with KERS...Where are they going to use it...Theres near enough no place to overtake and no real straights where it will have the advantage.....

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
They'll use the KERS system for a boost up the Pit straight before slowing for the Saint Devote corner and then up the long Beau Rivage hill to massanet..

They are the only 2 straights they could possibly use it on..:nod:

Me I'd use it in the tunnel, but then I'm mad like that..:D :nod:

Reaction score
crazylegs said:
Me I'd use it in the tunnel, but then I'm mad like that..:D :nod:

Mad you say..???? Sheer lunacy if you ask me....Would be interesting though...I say hit the KERS at the end of the tunnel and break as late as possible into the chicane...But there again i'm just mad like that....If I had a spare £1000, Monaco is one race i'd love to go watch again....Mmmm time to sell the wife and children...

Reaction score
Lola back in Formula 1 for 2010....Welcome back British racing

Having signalled an interest in F1's budget-capped future last month, the British racing car company Lola has now committed to submitting a 2010 team entry by the May 29th deadline.

"The Lola Group is pleased to announce that it will be submitting an entry," part of a statement issued by the outfit, which last attempted a F1 foray in 1997, read.

Lola said the 2010 cap figure was set at £30m when it first began evaluating designing and racing a car next year.

The increase of the figure to £40m "led to a re-examination" of the project by Lola, "culminating in today's confirmation that it will proceed."

The FIA is expected to publish the first 2010 entry list in mid June.

Full Lola Statement
Following completion of its evaluation of the technical regulations for cost-capped Formula One teams announced by the FIA World Motorsport Council on 29th April 2009, the Lola Group is pleased to announce that it will be submitting an entry for the 2010 FIA Formula One World Championship.

The original cap of £30 million, including engines formed the basis of Lola’s initial interest.

The decision by the WMSC to revise the figure to £40 million plus engines, marketing, hospitality and driver fees led to a re-examination of the opportunity by Lola culminating in today’s confirmation that it will proceed with its Formula One project.

The Lola Group believes that the WMSC decisions relating to cost-capping and the provision of revised technical regulations to facilitate the entry of new teams into Formula One should be embraced. This is not only prudent considering the backdrop of global economics but also taking into account the need for new teams to be able to compete credibly against long established entrants.

It is imperative that performance breaks be afforded to new cost-capped entrants who will have a limited period in which to form teams, design and manufacture their cars. With these breaks Lola looks forward to competing with the existing teams who enjoy decades of experience. The question of speed differentials, safety and the spectacle of Formula One must also be considered.

The Lola Group is forging ahead with its Formula One project with the objective of securing an entry into the 2010 FIA Formula One World Championship and in the expectation that the decisions of the WMSC will be respected in full.

Reaction score
FAntastic qualifying by Jenson Button again today..He sems to be leaving it to the last second to set a gop time..Rubens down in 3rd spot is in an ideal spot to block/hold back Kimi and co in order to let Button make a good clean break up the hill tomorrow from the start...

Meanwhile in other news, last years world champion "Lewis Hamilton" has been threatening to leave the team for next season unless Mclaren Mercedes come up with a better package by the ING Turkish Grand Prix. THe engineers at Mercedes have promised an all new more powerful engine for the Turkish Grand Prix, which they have been testing on the dyno, and hope for Lewis to be testing next week... Here is the link to secret tests in their machine shops showing the all new engine..:thumb:

Reaction score
Yet another win F1 win for Button & Brawn GP.:D
Just gets better & better as the season goes on.
nod.gif

Reaction score
feckit said:
Yet another win F1 win for Button & Brawn GP.:D
Just gets better & better as the season goes on.
nod.gif

Brilliant race for sure, lets hope he keeps it up..What ya think of Hamiltons new engine in my link in the post below..?

Reaction score
Madxgraphics said:
What ya think of Hamiltons new engine in my link in the post below..?
Much to powerful for Hamilton to have.:p
Have you noticed Hamilton has the number 1 on his race helmet?

Reaction score
Very interesting

Wow, what a day! BMW, Brawn, Ferrari, McLaren, Renault, Toyota, Red Bull and Toro Rosso have announced the will be forming a break away series, since they weren't able to come to an agreement with Max Mosley. FOTA has announced that they will make tickets cheaper (which in my opinion, more people would attend) and want the fans input. I think it's great!

To read more, click the link: http://en.f1-live.com/f1/en/headlines/news/detail/090619083747.shtml

And the FIA has annouced that it is to take instant legal action towards Formula One Teams Association (FOTA) representatives, following the latter's Friday announcement to form a breakaway series. The FIA, headed by Max Mosley, stressed that recent actions of teams - with emphasis on Ferrari - will lead to 'legal proceedings without delay'.

To read more, click the link:
http://f1.gpupdate.net/en/news/2009/06/19/fia-to-take-legal-action-against-fota/

Reaction score
Anybody been watching the F1 today ? Quite strange watching a race go from light to dark, but a good race all in all I think...

Ask a Question