Formula 1

Reaction score
1000 start tomorrow.
Enough time to go to the gym, have a shower & breakfast.

Reaction score
Really good race until this stoppage. Fantastic laps by Webber and Glock.
Odd discrepancy regarding the time and clock as stated by commentary. On the subject of commentary though, its been shocking at times again as with last week. At one point they were unsure which driver they were watching (even before the poor visibility). Best bit was when they were watching a replay and the guy said "oh, look he's gone off again" and the other said "um..no that's a replay" ...silence....

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
P**s poor race in my opinion, the officials didn't really know what they were doing, and took far to long to come to the decision to actually stop the race and retire everyone and not wait an hour and then give the sayso on not restarting..

I turned over and watched the Touring car championship on ITV4 which was much more entertaining..:nod:

Reaction score
MattM said:
Really good race until this stoppage. Fantastic laps by Webber and Glock.
Odd discrepancy regarding the time and clock as stated by commentary. On the subject of commentary though, its been shocking at times again as with last week. At one point they were unsure which driver they were watching (even before the poor visibility). Best bit was when they were watching a replay and the guy said "oh, look he's gone off again" and the other said "um..no that's a replay" ...silence....

Sure was a good race, and Gloch showed some amazing pace...As for the comentating...I'm glad I can block things out....Some people just should commentate certain sports....Mr Leggard doing F1 would be like Murray Walker commentating Wimbledon...And as for the replay moment that was shocking...Although at times through the comentry Mr Leggard was cutting Martin B off...I have a feeling though that Leggard won't make it to the end of season and the BBC will get shot of him...

Reaction score
Madxgraphics said:
Cheers feckit..glad you think that of me....
It was a moment of madness & i apologise unreservedly to you for the comment i made.
Have reported the situation to Ian.
And except any punishment or ban that i may get.
I am taking a break from the forum for a while.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
No bans or punishments, sometimes things get a little bit over the top - but let's keep this thread on Formula 1 :thumb:

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
I`d be pretty sick if i was the Safety car driver ...2 wins and no points :)

Reaction score
Rush said:
I`d be pretty sick if i was the Safety car driver ...2 wins and no points :)

Ah mate you crack me up..That is the best ever I have heard
bowdown.gif
bowdown.gif
bowdown.gif
laughingsmiley.gif
laughingsmiley.gif
laughingsmiley.gif

Reaction score
Loved Hamiltons face when the interviewer said how do feel about coming 7th ? i was 5th says he,McLaren guy whispers in his ear you weren't mate :)

Reaction score
Frodo said:
Loved Hamiltons face when the interviewer said how do feel about coming 7th ? i was 5th says he,McLaren guy whispers in his ear you weren't mate :)

I didn't hear that..I had turned down the volume so I didn't need to hear Leggardsvoice....haha

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
This is off topic, but...

I really think it's time we considered introducing a time limit for editing/deleting threads and posts.

I am getting seriously sick and tired of some posts & threads making a nonsense of themselves cos some members have had second thoughts.

Listen up people, if you don't mean what you say - then don't bloody well post it :mad:

You all know who I'm talking to. Grand National, Formula One, and there was me thinking football was a volatile subject.... ;)

And - no further conversation on this subject, please, I'm going to talk to the other guys about this issue in the near future.

Ok, to get back on topic, Formula One does seem to be getting a little less bland, we may be harking back to the so-called 'glory days' here when drivers were larger than life and not automatons :)

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
floppybootstomp said:
I really think it's time we considered introducing a time limit for editing/deleting threads and posts.

I am getting seriously sick and tired of some posts & threads making a nonsense of themselves cos some members have had second thoughts.

Listen up people, if you don't mean what you say - then don't bloody well post it :mad:

You all know who I'm talking to. Grand National, Formula One, and there was me thinking football was a volatile subject.... ;)

And - no further conversation on this subject, please, I'm going to talk to the other guys about this issue in the near future.

Ok, to get back on topic, Formula One does seem to be getting a little less bland, we may be harking back to the so-called 'glory days' here when drivers were larger than life and not automatons :)

Flopps i believe there is a 24 hour limit on editing posts, after that you can't do anything only the mods can.

As for the F1, Ross Brawn definitely knows what he's doing
bowdown.gif

Reaction score
floppybootstomp said:

Think i may be at fault here a tad?;)

But on to F1 a great drive yet again by Button, shows why Ross Brawn is so well respected in F1

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Me__2001 said:
Flopps i believe there is a 24 hour limit on editing posts, after that you can't do anything only the mods can.

Uh-huh, what I should have said was a shorter time limit.

We shall see.

It's a sunny day, soon to turn to rubbish for the rest of the week apparently, but the steam has stopped hissing from my ears ;)

Bring on Stirling Moss in a Vanwall is what I say :D

Reaction score
floppybootstomp said:
Bring on Stirling Moss in a Vanwall is what I say :D
Watched on Sky last night part of the Goodwood Revival meeting from last year.
Mr Moss was their as were a few other racing legends.

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
floppybootstomp said:
in a Vanwall is what I say :D

WOW ! Now that does bring back memories. :)

Bet many on this forum have never heard of Vanwall. :D

Reaction score
nivrip said:
Bet many on this forum have never heard of Vanwall. :D
Of course people have, were they not a well known demolition company in the late 1940's?
Formerly known as van in to wall, but changed it to just vanwall!;)

Reaction score
Good old vanwall, back in t'day when we used to lick road clean with tongues and go to bed half hour before we got up, them were the days.

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
The Main Game

Then we’ll wipe the slate clean and start the Main Game scoring from the 3rd Grand Prix of the season – China, 17-19th April.

Get your teams in people deadline is 03:00am Friday 17th April and all scores will be set back to zero..So all start on an even keel..

Pin..8001069

League name: PETROL SNIFFERS

METRO Fantasy Formula 1

Ask a Question