Formula 1

Reaction score
Formula 1 is back...Looks like it could be an interseting season with new rules and regulations....Especially the introduction of KERS McLaren are 2 seconds off the pace already...

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
With the Fantasy football coming to an end very soon I have set up an Fantasy Formula 1 league in Metro..Just gives everyone a chance to keep there hand in fantasyland in the footy off season..

Get yourself over there and make your team up and don't forget to read the rules..

Everyone welcome..

Pin..8001069

League name: PETROL SNIFFERS

METRO Fantasy Formula 1

hopefully see some of you in there..
thumbsup.gif

Reaction score
My alarm clock is already adjusted for the clocks going foreward and set for 6am.Excellent pole for Button and second for Barrichello,after i think 13 years we get F1 with no adverts again one happy bunny here :)

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
I see Matt M has joined the Metro F1 fantasy league, anyone else up for it..

Get yourself in quick before the race starts in the early hours..:nod:

Reaction score
Aye, i'm in.

Won't be watching it though as i have to be up for work tomorrow :(

Reaction score
Button wins in Australia

Jenson Button wins in Australia!
Worth getting up at 6am for!!!
For more click HERE

Reaction score
Well done to Button for his win..A race well worth watching...One small gripe though...Can they send that Jonathan Legard back to fricking BBC radio 5 or whatever its called..? I have been an F1 fans since I was able to stand up..His voice is seriously annoying..Why didn't they get in somebody that actually knows about the spor..To me all he did was repeat what MArtin B said, just in different words...Could spoil my watching...

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Fantastic win for Button and Team Brawn overall..Go Button..:nod:

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
:eek: A-mazing !!!!!! And his teammate second !!

Good third for Hamilton - everyone had written him off.

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
Well, I've signed up but I missed the first race because I just realised now that we had a mini-league going. :blush:

Never mind, plenty of races to come. :nod:

Reaction score
feckit said:
Yes, but Button won today, that's why i started the thread.;)

Wether Button one or not, why start a new thread when there is one that is already about F1...? its irelevant who won or didn't win..Why have more than one thread that pertain to the same subject..???
wallbash.gif

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
No worries Niv

I think the first 2 races are practice races anyway, The real fantasy stuff begins on the third race of the season..Don't ask me why or how but thems the rules...Read more on the Metro site it'll tell you all you need to know mate..

Enjoy Niv..:wave:

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Hey boys theres room on this here forum for the both of ya's..:nod:

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Heres the full Metro rules and info :thumb:

How to Play

Metro Fantasy Motor Racing is FREE to play and you can enter up to 5 teams.

Choose your team and get on the grid!

There are ten F1 constructors taking part in this years’ Formula 1 Championship, each with 2 drivers. You must choose 4 constructors to make up your team. Constructors are ranked 10 (Ferrari) to 1 (Force-India) – the total ranking of your constructors must be 21 or less. So that means you can’t have both Ferrari (10) and McLaren (9) in your team!

For each of your 4 constructors, you must then choose ONE of their two drivers to represent your team for the forthcoming race.

You’ll be able to change your entire line-up, right up to the scheduled start of each race.

Click here to see a full list of constructors and drivers.

Make Race Predictions

Every race weekend, you will be able to make predictions to score additional points. You’ll need to predict:

· the driver with the fastest lap time in practice
· the driver with the fastest lap time in the race
· the driver who will hold pole position
· which drivers will take 1st, 2nd and 3rd position on the podium
· which constructor will have the best performance in the Grand Prix
· which constructor will fare worst in the Grand Prix

The Practice Game

As the first two Grand Prix of the season are at the dead of night, we’re making these a Practice Game. The highest score at the end of the first two races will win £500! It’s the perfect way to get to grips with the game and check out who’s in-form.

The Main Game

Then we’ll wipe the slate clean and start the Main Game scoring from the 3rd Grand Prix of the season – China, 17-19th April.

With a total prize fund of £10,000 up for grabs, our end of season winner will walk away with £5,000 cash and every race weekend, someone will win a fantastic Scalextric set! Check out prizes for full details.

How to Score:

Constructor Points
Both cars of each of your chosen constructors will score for you based on their performance in each Grand Prix
Finishing place Points
1st +10
2nd +8
3rd +6
4th +5
5th +4
6th +3
7th +2
8th +1
All other cars running at the finishing flag +1
Car not running at the finishing flag -5
Front row starting position on the grid +5

Driver Points
The 4 drivers you have chosen (1 from each constructor) will score points for you in the following ways:
Finishing place Points
1st +10
2nd +8
3rd +6
4th +5
5th +4
6th +3
7th +2
8th +1
All other drivers running at the finishing flag +1

Driver’s grid improvement points
Drivers score +2pts per position gained for finishing further up the order than their starting position on the grid. E.g. a driver who starts in 18th position on the grid but finishes in 16th position scores +4 points for the two positions they have climbed. Official F1 classifications will be used.

Race Prediction Points
For accurately predicting the outcome of these categories, you’ll score the following points:
Fastest practice lap +3 points
Pole position +3 points
Fastest race lap +3 points
Podium finish +3 points
or

Correctly predicted podium finish position +5 points
All three podium winners positions correct +5 points
Best constructor +5 points
Worst constructor +5 points

Changing your team

Prior to the start of each GP, you will be able to completely reselect your constructor/driver line up and new predictions. Note that early cut-off times apply for some scoring criteria:
· Fastest practice lap predictions must be made before the official start time of the first official practice of that F1 Grand Prix
· Pole position predictions must be made before the official start time for qualifying
· Podium position and best and worst constructor predictions must be made before the official start time for each F1 Grand Prix

Mini Leagues
Get your mates together and challenge them in a Mini-League to see who’s king of the road! Note that each team you enter can only be in one Mini-League. Mini-Leagues are just for fun.

Reaction score
Madxgraphics said:
Why didn't they get in somebody that actually knows about the spor..To me all he did was repeat what MArtin B said, just in different words...Could spoil my watching...

Didnt see it, but sounds like the Mark Lawrenson scenario. Despite being a former player, he seems to have an amazingly poor grasp of reviewing, commentating or even summarising a football match (barring of course the Liverpool bias sneaking in) ;)

Reaction score
Button on pole again today...WooHoo

Hamilton not looking to happy about last weeks fiasco surrounding his disqualification...

Ask a Question