From: "Chris Townsend" <fakename comcast.net>
Newsgroups: alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Subject: Re: For Logitech MX1000 laser mouse owners
Date: Sun, 03 Jul 2005 00:49:52 GMT

You are so full of yourself, you know, shit.

Fisher

That sounds odd.

There is a recent thread in the homebuilt PC group which mentions
that wireless keyboards under heavy use go for at least a year
between battery replacement. So we use alkaline batteries instead
of rechargeable.

If your gaming is such that one interruption per year causes
distress, you are a very serious gamer.

Then there is something wrong with my Logitech wireless keyboard
because it would need new batteries every few months, or I use my PC
*much* more than you do. Take your pick.

Fisher

great opinion you have there..............that's all it is

Facts, just the facts. Look it up sometime. Explain to me why
Logitech's "GAMER'S" mouse (518) is corded, explain to me why Razor
"GAMER'S" mice are corded, explain to me why Saitek's "GAMER'S"
keyboard is corded? Think about it, wireless will always have a slight
delay by it's very nature and will never match a corded device. Send
an email to Logitech and ask them for their "opinion", they didn't
call the MX518 corded mouse a "gamers" mouse just for the hell of it.

Fisher

Here's an alternative to the reset button
PUT SOME BATTERIES IN THE KEYBOARD ;)

Batteries cost money. I killed two birds with one stone, bought an
MX518, now I don't need batteries and I have a more responsive mouse.

Fisher

what's the reason ?

Zero lag. Anything wireless has a bit of lag, although I admit the
MX700 mouse was quite fast but no wireless keyboard and mouse will
match a corded keyboard and mouse for responsiveness.

John Doe

Then there is something wrong with my Logitech wireless keyboard
because it would need new batteries every few months, or I use
my PC *much* more than you do. Take your pick.

Do you use your PC more than about 12 hours per day, at least six
days per week?

Apparently you do not really know what you are talking about.

For at least six months, I have been using speech recognition to
do much of my keyboard work, command and dictation. But I have had
a cordless keyboard for years.

Again. The Cordless Desktop Pro keyboard batteries last for at
least one year. There must've been something wrong with your
setup, or your perception.

Others report equally long keyboard battery life.

John Doe

Facts, just the facts. Look it up sometime. Explain to me why
Logitech's "GAMER'S" mouse (518) is corded,

Because it is connected to the computer with a wire.
explain to me why Razor "GAMER'S" mice are corded,

Because they are not sophisticated enough or because they want to
keep the cost down.
explain to me why Saitek's "GAMER'S" keyboard is corded?

Because a wired connection costs less than a wireless connection.
Think about it, wireless will always have a slight delay by it's
very nature and will never match a corded device.

You are guessing. You do not really know the difference in speed
of communication between a corded and cordless device.

Communication speed makes no difference beyond a certain point
which probably has already been passed.

What matters is responsiveness of the mouse itself.
Send an email to Logitech and ask them for their "opinion", they
didn't call the MX518 corded mouse a "gamers" mouse just for the
hell of it.

To keep the cost down.

Because they think you cannot handle setting up a cordless device?

I mean seriously. If you had so much trouble with your cordless
keyboard which required inserting two AA batteries into the
battery compartment, you might be totally stumped by a cordless
mouse.

Good luck

JAD

Fisher said:
Facts, just the facts. Look it up sometime. Explain to me why
Logitech's "GAMER'S" mouse (518) is corded, explain to me why Razor
"GAMER'S" mice are corded, explain to me why Saitek's "GAMER'S"
becuase people like you believe thier own BS and buy them....sucker

Fisher said:
Batteries cost money. I killed two birds with one stone, bought an
MX518, now I don't need batteries and I have a more responsive mouse.

your opinion again

JAD

Fisher said:
Then there is something wrong with my Logitech wireless keyboard
because it would need new batteries every few months,

and that is an annoyance(exaggerated) for you, not for everyone else. By
the way, let go of the trigger once and awhile. running and shooting when no
opponents are present, will drain the batteries.

or I use my PC
*much* more than you do. Take your pick.

now an assumption...........your battin' 1000

your preferences, opinions, and whining are just that, nothing more.

Fisher

Do you use your PC more than about 12 hours per day, at least six
days per week?
Yes.

Apparently you do not really know what you are talking about.

The usual argument of the weak minded ****wits.
For at least six months, I have been using speech recognition to
do much of my keyboard work, command and dictation. But I have had
a cordless keyboard for years.

And your point is?
Again. The Cordless Desktop Pro keyboard batteries last for at
least one year. There must've been something wrong with your
setup, or your perception.

No, the fact is a corded keyboard and mouse are lag free. End of
discussion.
Others report equally long keyboard battery life.

As I said, there was either something wrong with my keyboard or I use
the PC far more than the average person. And for the record, I hate
speech recognition software. Yes, I'm a luddite.