From: "Fred is back" <74843278 508478345.892>
Newsgroups: alt.os.windows-xp,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Subject: Re: For Logitech MX1000 laser mouse owners
Date: Sat, 02 Jul 2005 12:20:59 GMT

That's your problem.

Do you still do a significant amount of research?

Don't be so hesitant.

Clyde

I own a MX1000. Before this mouse, I had the MX700. I am very pleased with
the MX1000. In my opinion, it's by far the best mouse on the market - bar
none. I've read a lot about 'crap software' and 'skipping' and 'gaming
sucks on the MX1000' but I just don't get it. I've never had even the
slightest problem. This mouse is GREAT! As far as the sensitivity issue
goes, I was VERY surprised by the MX1000. To me, the MX700 was the ideal
mouse. I only considered one other mouse while I owned the MX700, and that
was the MX900 because of it's blue-toothe capability. The difference (in
sensitivity) between the MX700 and the MX1000 is phenominal. In fact, with
the MX700 I used a mouse pad simply because it was a little easier to move
the mouse around. I had to ditch the mouse pad, however, because the MX1000
is so sensitive it was a little jumpy because of the physical texture of the
pad itself (cloth pads - eh).

That's my 2-cents.

Tom Clymer

Ah, get a leather mouse pad. They are the best I've ever used. I run my
MX700 on one and love it.

Clyde

Chris Townsend

Hmm, you didn't look very hard.

Here is an 861 post thread with opinions from both sides, lots of people
having problems, lots not.

http://3dgpu.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=310&hl=MX1000

Stupid comment about not liking cordless/wireless devices.

Why would anyone have anything against cordless as long as it performs well
for them?

I have the MX700, MX1000, Mediaplay and a Gyration Gyro mouse for cordless.
Still, for gaming give me the MX510 and I was also a big fan of Logi's dual
optical. The Gyro mouse is great for HTPC use as it works in air and has
incredible range but I prefer the Mediaplay due to its built in functions,
and does track on my couch and pants leg when using the multimedia interface
but is fine for gaming when I use the mousepad on the coffee table. Gyration
does make a HTPC specific in-air mouse but it is more money than I wish to
spend.

I have no wired keyboards.

Chris Townsend

I noticed the mousepad issue, it didn't like mine but worked great on the
bare desk.

John Doe

Chris Townsend said:
Hmm, you didn't look very hard.

But in fact I did.

You seem to be an exception with a loud voice.
Here is an 861 post thread with opinions from both sides, lots
of people having problems, lots not.

I like to gather opinions from real people in unmoderated forums
like Usenet.

This is where everyone comes, especially after they get spanked
for saying something the moderator did not like on some moderated
forum. Then they come here and whine like a baby about it.
http://3dgpu.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=310&hl=MX1000
Stupid comment about not liking cordless/wireless devices.

That said out of ignorance.
Why would anyone have anything against cordless as long as it
performs well for them?

Do the research.

And please post in context if you want me/others to follow the
conversation.

Fisher

so it can tangle, get hooked,cat can grab it and wreck a jump,shot,or move?

No, because the MX518 and the Razor Diamondback are the most
responsive mouses money can buy and that's what a gamer wants.
Plus no more having to recharge the damn things. I got rid of my
wireless keyboard for that reason too. I had the keyboard die on me a
couple of times while playing BF1942 online, not fun when the only
recourse is to reach for the reset button on the front of your PC -
that's if your lucky enough to have a reset button. I went for a
Saitek Eclipse keyboard and dumped all my wireless devices.

John Doe

Fisher said:
On Sat, 2 Jul 2005 09:13:11 -0700, "JAD"
No, because the MX518 and the Razor Diamondback are the most
responsive mouses money can buy and that's what a gamer wants.
Plus no more having to recharge the damn things. I got rid of my
wireless keyboard for that reason too. I had the keyboard die on
me a couple of times while playing BF1942 online, not fun when
the only recourse is to reach for the reset button on the front
of your PC - that's if your lucky enough to have a reset button.
I went for a Saitek Eclipse keyboard and dumped all my wireless
devices.

That sounds odd.

There is a recent thread in the homebuilt PC group which mentions
that wireless keyboards under heavy use go for at least a year
between battery replacement. So we use alkaline batteries instead
of rechargeable.

If your gaming is such that one interruption per year causes
distress, you are a very serious gamer.

Chris Townsend

You are so full of yourself, you know, shit.

John Doe said:
But in fact I did.

You seem to be an exception with a loud voice.

I like to gather opinions from real people in unmoderated forums
like Usenet.

This is where everyone comes, especially after they get spanked
for saying something the moderator did not like on some moderated
forum. Then they come here and whine like a baby about it.

That said out of ignorance.

Do the research.

And please post in context if you want me/others to follow the
conversation.

noone

No, because the MX518 and the Razor Diamondback are the most
responsive mouses money can buy and that's what a gamer wants.
Plus no more having to recharge the damn things. I got rid of my
wireless keyboard for that reason too. I had the keyboard die on me a
couple of times while playing BF1942 online, not fun when the only
recourse is to reach for the reset button on the front of your PC -
that's if your lucky enough to have a reset button.
Here's an alternative to the reset button
PUT SOME BATTERIES IN THE KEYBOARD ;)