Flood Flood Flood...

Reaction score
One hell of an afternoon.

Has been absolutely bucketing down all night, still going this morning, and by noon the water had gathered to just below the window in the front garden and was nearly coming through the door because the drain in the drive was blocked.

So I donned me wellies and spent the best part of 2 and a half hours bailing it out with the rest of the family into the road.

Anyone else had that kind of rain?

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Heaviest rain I've seen in many a month here today (SE London) but it only lasted for about 30 minutes then the sun came out.

Consider buying yourself a canoe :)

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
It's just been light rain here so far, but I suspect we'll probably get it heavier tonight from what the forecast says. It seems to have rained for weeks on end now :(

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
40 days & 40 nights ... it'll be alright in September, then you'll all be moaning on how hot and dry it will be. :lol:

:wave:

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Massive Thunderstorm and Lightning here for about an hour torrential rain then cleared up and gone, now sunny and 20C glorious outside.. you wouldn't have known this morning there was a massive storm...Weird weather were having...

Reaction score
It was raining very heavy here in W london.

I have never seen rain that heavy in all my life.

It lasted a good two to three hours. My drive was drenched with 2 or 3 inches of water. The drain was blocked I was getting very concerned.

I have never seen it so dark for 10am since the August Eclipse in 1999.
It was dull, wet, damn with thunder and lightning.

Reaction score
Bucketed it down today, especially this morning and early afternoon.

Then, at about 3, it completely brightened up.

canceled cricket cause it was sposed to be monsoon weather...:(

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Me wooden cabin is up on sort of stilts so the river would have to be about 25 foot above normal to flood . However the track to the road has an inch or so of water running over it and has ben like that for over a week . Been an ok sort of day really , steady rain now though . :D

Ask a Question